• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Have Some 5945MG's; Thinking About a New Plane...

I'm interested in a new plane. I have 5 Hitec 5945MG's that are still in great condition. What else is out there that's not too big for a 180 inch/ounce servo other than the 3DHS Velox?

Just curious what some good options are.

Will probably be going electric but may go with a VVRC 40.

I suspect any 70 incher kind of plane. We used 5945's in out 35 %ers when they were the best around. The 78 inch EF Extra would be my choice.

I can't argue with EF. I suspect the modern day 3D flying would warrant that to cover possible destruction of their plane. My type of flying, mostly IMAC type stuff, I would use 5945's. I used them on my 35% Hanger 9 260 for years.

They're good servos but with the new aircraft designs, they don't have the torque even when putting 2/aileron on a 35% plane.

I hate that they're just sitting in storage in my shop and I'd like to put together an everyday flyer especially if it could handle a little wind.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
The velox is awesome but I really liked it with REALLY fast 250 oz servos. Im sure you could run lower class servos, but not sure I would. You could always use them on something scale. But it really depends on how you fly. If you are doing 3D you will be totally fine on some of the older planes out there like the velox, 70" EF or maybe a 30cc pilot. If you are a tumbling/fast snaps and XA style flyer then you probably will need more.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Back in the day I only used hitec 645s in my 30cc airframes. Put a new 30cc aeroplus mxsr together this summer not thinking about the massive ailerons on it and used all savox 1251's for the crazy speed 127oz. Everything was good except the ailerons lol. Massive blow back, first time I've actually seen blow back dropped in savox 1256tg's 277oz and life was awesome. I didn't try anything in between those two servos they might be enough. I would sugest trying an areoplus rc ARf their cheap and pretty good quality. The biggest controls I've seen on an ARf for that size lol.

SnowDog

What is the speed on the Hitec 645s? also, what voltage do they run at? I like to run my stuff at HV 7.4