• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Help me choose!

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I've just finished converting my Phoenix Extra to 20cc gas. Now that its done, I am thinking of a 30cc 3DHS airframe. I have their 41" Edge and I love it so its bigger brother the 74" Edge is definitely an option. But I also like the way the Extras and Slicks fly. I have some time to decide since I'm going to want to dial in my Extra before I start too much.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have a 70" Slick, and it and the 71" are great 1/4 scalers, as is the 74" Edge which I also have, but both of mine are "E" powered. On the gas side, I'm getting ready to start building a 72" Extra with a PTE36. I plan to make a full up build log.

So, I have all 3 planes you're considering, but have only flown 2 so far.

-G

Last edited by a moderator:

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I have some time to decide. I'm learning the ins and outs of my Phoenix 63.5" Extra. It harrier rolls like crazy. Super stable and quick. I'll also have some time on a 71" Slick soon. A club member is finishing his up and I've been helping him with it. He tends to let me fly his stuff a lot.

I have a 74" Edge on the way and I have owned all 3 of the other ones. I did not really like the 72" compared to the 71", but that is a personal choice as others prefer the Extra. I love, love the Velox and I'll be doing a 70" over the winter. It works better on a 20cc class motor and is a more 3D dedicated airframe. The Slick is the all rounder.