• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion How are your Glacier batteries working out?

JK13

30cc
I have several different sizes and all are working great!
The oldest about two months now (maybe 30 flights each).

:)

Joe

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I have 6 3S 35C 2200's that have been amazing so far. I fly 6 minutes with an Omega 130 on my 47" SHP and come down just barely warm. I have around 65 flight on them now between the 6 so no high cycles yet. They are the real deal and the best part is Dale is a great guy, they are in the US, I see they are a sponsor now to boot and yes you won't have to deal with "that" company ever again.

wamsy55

50cc
The four 2s 450's I have preform ok with the Hacker A10-9L. Initial power is good but it fades. Not to bad for such small 25C packs, I have had worse.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gents, I got a message from Dale @ EP Buddy this morning. He'll be online soon to answer questions!

hone

150cc
I have 2 6s 3300s and they have been doing great in my 60'' planes, about 30 cycles each

I ordered 6 30c 3s 2200 mah batts a while back. When I received them one was doa, I returned it and EP Buddy promptly replaced it. Finally a couple weeks later I got my Skywing MXS and put it together so I charged the batts and went flying. When I got home one of them had a cell that read 1.25 volts while the other two were right around 3.8 volts. As I was sending EP Buddy a message I rechecked the batt and all three cells were at around 3.8 volts and my charger would charge it this time. But the next day it happened again and this time the voltage didn't come back so I returned this batt to EP Buddy. A few days later another batt did the same thing, except this time instead of flying it after I got it to charge, I cycled all five of my remaining packs down to storage mode and back to full charge four times to see if that would help. Since then I have more than ten cycles on these batts with no problems, and EP Buddy is replacing the one I returned. I do like these batts and other than this weird circumstances they have been providing good power and run times.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
The good thing is he has excellent customer service. If that happened with gens ace packs you might have to call it a loss

The good thing is he has excellent customer service. If that happened with gens ace packs you might have to call it a loss
Funny you should say this, the first time I bought GensAce batts I had 2 out of 6 batts totally lose two cells internally, HobbyPartz replaced them immediately no problems. In fact they were 3s and I exchanged them for 4s on the return and they were more than happy to let me substitute. This was on my EF MXS, and after trying the 3s I didn't like the lack of power so I switched to the 4s.