• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I love classic pattern thread

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I love any classic pattern plane with wheels up and on the pipe. Especially MK planes. In response to PawnshopMike's request I will post a few photos for him.

First is my scratch built MK Blue Angel. About 4 years of building. From a single plan and a pile of balsa wood to a finished product, one of the most satisfying things ever for me.

BA 5-14-11 006.JPG

Last edited:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Here is a replica of the Blue Angel, a fiberglass version called a Speeda. Not my build, just a plane I acquired a few years ago.

Attachments

• Speeda 001.JPG
    Speeda 001.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 556

camss69

70cc twin V2
I've been looking at classic pattern planes lately, their designs are timeless! The price for an MK Kit is crazy! I've see lately on another message board a guy has been selling kits off this Japanease site, it looks like you can buy them yourself but I haven't bought one.

http://www.jauce.com/category/2084251245

Your Blue Angel is awesome!

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks, I love MK kits and have several. Wheels up, on the pipe and a slow and low roll down the runway still makes me smile.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I found it David, Thanks,

I know it doesn't have retracts or a pipe, but here is a picture of my Kaos
IMG_2112.JPG

And here's one of my Baby with the obligatory pipe, retracts and a Rossi 61 RE

Dalotel.JPG