• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC practice tips for new pilots.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Post your practice tips or regiments here for new IMAC pilots to get the most out of a practice session.
Keep it simple and geared towards the basic/ sportsman routine.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Work on developing the ability to fly a good baseline. This is the basis for everything, especially BASIC since all of the maneuvers start with a pull.

Four things to work on when flying a baseline.

1. learn what wings level looks like. If you don't start your maneuver wings level you'll be correcting all the way through it.
2. constant speed, altitude and depth
3. use subtle rudder corrections to maintain heading/line
4. fly when it's windy

One more for good measure........know what a 45 degree up/down line looks like.

Fly the baseline back and forth; do whatever turnaround you want but it probably should be one that is part of your sequence.

I try do this for 75 to 80 percent of my practice time.

IMAC FANATIC

Good tips.
Consider a metronome app to keep your figures the same size and your speed constant.
Count your figures out.
Sharkstooth.
From straight and level.
Pull upline, count one one thousand two one thousand three one thousand, ( 4 or 5 seconds if you want to fly big).
Pull to 45° count one one thousand, two one thousand, 1/2 roll, count one one thousand two one thousand, pull to level, count your base line, even count out each half segment of your loop.
Using a metronome, keeps you from counting fast and keeps the pace mellow.

njswede

150cc
Here's one for you: I live in a part of the country that has a "build season". How can I use my simulator (RF 7.5) to practice IMAC? Are there specific exercises that lend themselves well to simulator training? How to you guys use simulators?

IMAC FANATIC

Knife edge software site has downloadable imac specific airframes and imac/pattern specific flying fields. Some with center poles, grids and level lines, 45° lines to help keep a reference l to fly by. Use smoke or tracer lines to gauge your figures height and overall size. Record your flights , go back and " judge" them. The stall never seems to really " break" in a sim but dont fake it, creates bad habits. Just manage it as best you can.

IMAC FANATIC

Practice your sequence a little farther out than your used to, at events , most likely, you'll be sharing the sky with another plane. Typiclly, basic gets the box nearer the dead line, but not always .