• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

In-line On/Off Switch/Y-Connector Power Cord for 12V/24V PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click this banner add below for special deals!

Ever wish your converted server power supply (PSU) had an on/off switch? Well, now it can!

If you want to get rid of the clutter of a power strip, or just want a solid solution for connecting both of your PSUs with one plug and get an on/off switch to boot, then my dual line switched power cord is the perfect solution for you!

The main cord is 6 feet long (can be custom made to any length - PM me your requirements). The cords and switch are rated up to 15 amps on 125v AC in the US for both dual line switched power cords, 10 amps on 125v AC for the single line switched power cords. The European cords are rated up to 10 amps on 230VAC.

Just to be sure it is solid, I built a dummy load that loads up two series HP DPS-600PB PSUs to the max (about 1150 watts) and ran it this way for 2 hours, the cords performed amazingly well!

These power cords are standard computer power cords with all three prongs on the plug still intact, including the ground pin. Please ensure that your power supply can accept standard unmodified computer power cords. If you have any questions, please PM me or post your questions here. You can also read more about this important safety note by clicking here: DC Isolation

It is now available in two styles, top mount or hanging, and two types single or dual:

Dual Line Top Mount Design - Price is $21 + shipping (see note on shipping below).
(includes Velcro for mounting)

Note: If you have the DPS-600PB PSU the top mount design works best if you remove the little metal strips at the back of the PSU. I pry them up with a flat head screw driver to break them loose then pull them out quickly with pliers. "Quickly" is key, if you are too slow sometimes only part of the metal piece breaks off and the little remaining pieces are more difficult to remove.

Dual Line Hanging Style - Price is $20 + shipping (see note on shipping below).

Single Line Top Mount Design - Price is $18 + shipping (see note on shipping below).

Single Line Hanging Style - Price is $17 + shipping (see note on shipping below).

I can accept PayPal. Please PM me for PayPal payment instructions.

Note on shipping
Shipping costs are purely what it costs me to ship the power supply to you. I do not mark them up or include any amount for packaging or handling costs. In an effort to make shipping costs as fair and low cost as possible, I am offering multiple shipping methods. In most cases FedEx will be the least expensive option, but this is dependent on location. Please visit www.solidhobby.com to view the cost of shipping using either FedEx, USPS, or UPS to your location. Just add your desired product(s) into your shopping cart and see the shipping options prior to check out.

I also sell these and Solid Hobby power supplies at www.solidhobby.com

All styles and models available in US 125V & European 230V. Let me know if you need something other than US or European and I can probably get you that countries plug type as well.

If you are interested in the power supplies pictured below, I sell them here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1795990

In the event you are unsatisfied in any way, send it back to me for a full refund. My goal is to provide the best customer service in order to earn your trust and your continued business for all your power supply needs (more to come). Thanks for looking, and hopefully buying :)

Jeremy Olson
Solid Hobby, LLC

Click this banner add below for special deals!

Dual Line Top Mount Design Switched Power Cord.jpgDual Line Hanging Style Switched Power Cord.jpgSingle Top Mount Design Switched Power Cord.jpgSingle Hanging Style Switched Power Cord.JPGDual Line Top Mount Design Switched Power Cord - in use - showing Velcro.jpgDual Line Top Mount Design Switched Power Cord - in use.jpgDual Line Hanging Style Switched Power Cord - in use.jpgSingle Top Mount Design Switched Power Cord - in use.jpgSingle Hanging Style Switched Power Cord - in use.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I want a single switch with a 3 ft cord!! I'm tired of unplugging the power cord each time I turn on and off!

Jermey, do you sell anything else other than these switches?

-G

Wow, thanks for the quick respons! And congrats on the site, I think it looks amazing!

I will be selling converted server power supplies both 12v and 24v setups.

So, you are interested in the non-Y cable power cord, right? I have 20 enclosure boxes on order for the non-Y cord switches. I should be getting them in this week, possibly today. I will let you know once I have that one in and assembled, like I said, either today or tomorrow most likely. If you are interested in the Y-cable, I have those in stock now.

Sounds good. Do you know what gauge wire/power cord you are currently using to power it? It's probably either 14AWG, 16AWG, or 18AWG most likely.

OK, it's probably 18AWG then, but I will probably just throw a 14AWG cord in there though just incase you ever use it on a beefier supply...there are some supplies out there that will draw massive abounts of current that might be too much for a standard 18AWG PC cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.