• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D JAG's 35% Carden Edge

JAG

70cc twin V2
I picked up a well used 35% Carden Edge. This is my first Giant Scale plane. I'm very excited to get this plane in the air. And will probably need some help along the way. I don't care for the covering much but I've decided to fly it for now and re-cover it later. Here are a few pics.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

JAG

70cc twin V2
The plane is in pretty good shape. The canopy has a few cracks so I'm going to pick up another as a spare. One of the elevator servo hard points and screw is slightly bent, but it is tight. And some paint on the cowl has chipped off.

Check out this lead I removed. That's a lot of weight. Hoping I don't have to put that back in.

image.jpg

JAG

70cc twin V2
Parts I've picked up so far:

Tail dragger RC 32oz Fuel tank
Used DLE 111
Used MSC 28 x 10 Prop
(6) Used Hitec 7954 servos - For Aielerons and Elevator
(1) Bluebird 50B - For Rudder. Still waiting on this to come in.
SWB servo tray
4.5" Dave Brown Ultimate Spinner

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
that's a beautiful airplane! what engine are you planning to put in and do you know what it had in it? that might help you to know what's going to happen with all of that lead.

Reactions: JAG

JAG

70cc twin V2
It had a DA100 in it. I'm putting a DLE111 in it.

image.jpg

Last edited:

JAG

70cc twin V2
Here is a test fit with the spacer. I think I'm going to add another 1/16" shim just to be on the safe side.

image.jpg
image.jpg

JAG

70cc twin V2
Here is the spinner I picked up. ut. It's a 4.5" Dave Brown Ultimate. I Got it used but it's un cut. So I'll have to drill the back plate and cut out for the prop.

image.jpg