• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

jeti DS 16 thread

I've been looking at the Jeti radio and it's pretty impressive. I'd like to hear from some of those who have them.
I'm especially interested in whatever programing support there is out there.

Question; I have split ailerons on all of my planes. On the 42% planes the ailerons are split into three sections.
I use the two outboard sections to fly most of the time. I have the aileron option of using
all Three Sections or just the Two Outboard Sections can be selected on a two position switch.
When I am in the Two Outboard Section mode (condition), I can use the Inboard Sections as Flaps. The Flaps are employed using a Slider Switch. The degree of Flaps Down is set with a Dial and there is a Down Flap to Elevator Mix to set up level flight when the Flaps are down.
How would you set this up on the Jeti?

Question; I have split ailerons on all of my planes. On the 42% planes the ailerons are split into three sections.
I use the two outboard sections to fly most of the time. I have the aileron option of using
all Three Sections or just the Two Outboard Sections can be selected on a two position switch.
When I am in the Two Outboard Section mode (condition), I can use the Inboard Sections as Flaps. The Flaps are employed using a Slider Switch. The degree of Flaps Down is set with a Dial and there is a Down Flap to Elevator Mix to set up level flight when the Flaps are down.
How would you set this up on the Jeti?

That is a fairly complex setup so I'll keep it fairly general but basically you could do something like the following.
In the New Model Wizard, select 2 flaps, 2 ailerons and whatever tail type suits you. This will appear as a Aileron 1, Flap 1, Aileron 2, Flap 2. When you get to the servo assignment section, assign a second Aileron 1 and a second Aileron 2, using whatever channels suit you. You can also assign a function called FlapCtl, controlled by P5 (right slider) but no servo assigned. You can then match your Aileron servos on each wing using sub-trims, end points, and servo balancing as you would with any other radio. Finally, create mixes for Ailerons to Flaps and FlapCtl to Flaps. From looking at the servo monitor, that seems to be a reasonable start...

Last edited:
Thanks wfield0455. I'm still considering the purchase of this radio and I want to be sure it can create this set-up.