• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR DMSS rpm telemetry

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Hey guys I've got a XG11 that I really love! But is there any way to get rpm data from the rpm lead on an Rcexl ignition module? I suppose it wouldn't work to just plug it into the telemetry hub would it? I would like to use it if at all possible without having to try to install a tach sensor.

Gobeil

New to GSN!
Hey guys I've got a XG11 that I really love! But is there any way to get rpm data from the rpm lead on an Rcexl ignition module? I suppose it wouldn't work to just plug it into the telemetry hub would it? I would like to use it if at all possible without having to try to install a tach sensor.

I don't think that you can just plug the RCEXL RPM plug into the hub.
As far as I know, each type of JR telemetry sensors has an electronic board with an a specific interface and an ID so that the Tx knows where the signal is coming from and how to interpret it.

ryan_m

100cc
I really wish JR would come up with a way to use these rpm leads from the ignitions to report telemetry. It's one gap they have in their lineup that seems like it would be easy to solve. I would personally buy several of them if they were available.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I really wish JR would come up with a way to use these rpm leads from the ignitions to report telemetry. It's one gap they have in their lineup that seems like it would be easy to solve. I would personally buy several of them if they were available.
Amen to that. It seems like it would be extremely simple..

@orthobird,
Don't you fly Spek or JR and have RPMs in your telemetry?

How did you do it? I have seen a part ( now discontinued ) on Horizon Hobby that plugs into an RCXeL ignition and a Spek TM10000. Seeing as how that is no longer an option, do you have any input?

Does JR offer a "brushless" RPM sensor for electric motors? If so, rather than connecting the brushless RPM sensor across 2 electirc motor phases, connect it across the RCXeL tachometer output leads ground and signal wires. Not sure this will work with ALL brushless RPM sensors but I have a Jeti DS16 and have connected the Jeti brushless RPM sensor to the tach output lead of my GP61 and it works perfectly.

Wayne