• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Maiden Jet Crash

thurmma

150cc
Roll on power and go around, but I wasn't there so maybe there was some reason that he couldn't go around.
I hate seeing that :(

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I admire the guys who have the guts to maiden one of those. There is a learning curve to the throttle on those.

Roll on power and go around, but I wasn't there so maybe there was some reason that he couldn't go around.
I hate seeing that :(

With about 3 seconds for the turbine to come up to speed and another several seconds for the air frame to accelerate before it has adequate air flow over the control surfaces, after that bounce there was no going around. It was in the dirt in far less time than the turbine lag alone. These aren't big floaty aerobatics planes with instant throttle response and a prop to give you big blast of air over the control surfaces.

Wayne

SleepyC

150cc
Are new turbines really that slow? Most of the jet guys I know say it's pretty much 1 second or less these days.