• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Memphis, TN October 17-19 Propbusters 3D Fly-In

Good afternoon everyone. I'd like to invite you to the Memphis Prop Busters Fall 3D Fly-In October 17-19. In the past, we have had this event in the spring, but we're now moving it to the fall.

As many of you have heard, the famous Merigold, MS event is but a memory, but we're bound and determined to bring the spirit that made that event so much fun to Memphis. Many of the usual characters from Merigold have already committed to Memphis, so come join us for what's sure to be a wonderful weekend!

Here are the particulars:
- 640X150 nice grass runway
- Electrical outlets run the entire length of the covered pilots pavilion.
- Water on site for RV fill ups
- Rv's are welcome, but I do need a head count to ensure we park everyone in the right place
- The field is located less than ten minutes from the Wolfchase Mall, so there's plenty of hotels, shops, and resteraunts nearby
- Early arrivals welcome
- $20 landing fee with lunch Saturday included

Club Website
http://memphispropbusters.com/

Hey guys this should be a great event... Jack and his Club and the guys down in Merigold, MS sure know how to throw down and have a good Time I hope to see some of yall there.. I should be there Representing 3drcforums and Aztech Aeromodels and Redwing RC.. I will try to get some event coverage while Im there... for the site

That is not very far away from where I used to live in Lakeland. Also I used to fly to the Arlington airport before they shut it down. I did my Private Pilot check ride there. My favorite thing to do as a new pilot was to fly my friends up the interchange by Wolfchase and ask them to figure out which one was the mall between it and Bellevue Baptist. They are roughly the same size from the air. This is before everyone had maps on their phones and were used to aerial views.

I avoided this hobby when I lived in Memphis as I knew I would get sucked in and I most certainly did not have the money for it with my full scale flying habit. Also the tales of building a kit for months, just to destroy it on the maiden did not sit well with me.

Last edited by a moderator: