• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Motrolfly DM4315=500Kv vs Extreme Flight Torque 4016T-500Kv

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Hey Fella's,

Looking for someone who can give me there opinion on performance between these two motors.
They would both be running on a 6S setup with a 15x8 prop. Looking for best performance of course.

Thanks much

Bush

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I realize this is an old thread but it's a good place to post this. I purchased a Extreme Flight 4016T-500kv for my Extra 300EXP, for that I bought a ZTW Gecko 85A ESC... what I didn't realize is that for the motorfly and torque motors this ESC has a timing issue that cannot be programed out unless you buy the programing interface to update a firmware by ZTW online for the gecko that apparently is hit or miss. What happens is when blimping the throttle it will go "blurp blurp blurp blurp ect" kindof a loud grunting ha ha. I tried all the timing adjustments possible. So I'll keep you posted what happens. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you want to try these ESC's out. Hard to pass up $55 from Motion RC, but Thinking I should have spend $120ish for a reliable ESC + $30 for a BEC for my high voltage thirst instead. we live and we learn I guess!