• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Maneuver?

Bipeguy03

150cc
Okay all you hard core 3-D guys got something for you.

While playing around with my PAU Ultimate last summer I wanted to see just how tight of a rolling circle I could do. I found that with the right amount of power management I can do a Rolling circle in just over the wingspan of the plane.

The thing is that needing to work the throttle to keep the rolling circle that tight, it's not enough to maintain altitude and the plane starts to fall vertically. At first I was working hard to keep the circle that tight and maintain altitude, when it dawned on me that the falling could be used to the maneuver's benefit......... TURN THE SMOKE ON!!

With the smoke on, the airplane turning rolling and falling, it all looks pretty badass to me.

So the question to you 3-D guys is, is this already something ya'll have a name for and am I just late to the party?

If not, I call it.....

The Spiral Staircase

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Don't be too quick to name it, Sleepy said something about running a contest to put a new maneuver to his name, "Super Turbo Weasel"

And yes, WE NEED SOME VIDEO!

Regards,

Astro

Bipeguy03

150cc
My club is having our yearly picnic this weekend, if my buddy shows up I'll get him to take some video of it. The only camera I have is a cell phone and it is pretty crappy at that.

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
Well, if you can only do this when decending it should not be called a spiral staircase (spiral staircase would be up and down)....more like the "stripper pole".......BUT WE DO NEED VIDEO...

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Terryscustom;16685 wrote: ...I've got a couple of ideas for that.

YOU??? Got a couple ideas?? I don't believe it!!! :D

There's not enough hours in the day for all your ideas, Terry! LOL!

Regards,

Astro

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I like the stripper pole. And we need video, otherwise it didn't happen.