• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Savox 1267 servo burnt up!!!!

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I just installed a new savox 1267 as a throttle servo. I made sure there was no binding, and had my EPA's set so there was no buzzing. I fired up my engine this afternoon, and was running it up and down just a bit. I then went to full throttle, and the servo stuck and smoke started coming out of it. I dont know if it was just a bad servo, or if I did anything wrong? Anybody have any ideas? BTW the motor is a DA 50.

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
There's your problem!
They won't work with a DA50 :lol2:

Just kiddin.

I don't have any insight into an answer for you, but whenever I get a new or used servo,
I put it on the servo exerciser for 15 minutes and just let it run to see how it acts.
You don't have to get crazy or anything, just observe.

My experience with new electronics especially is that they usually go early on if they go at all.

Will be interesting to see other responses.
I've been looking at the line and wanting to try them for throttle also.

Take care
Bob

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
There's your problem!
They won't work with a DA50 :lol2:

Just kiddin.

I don't have any insight into an answer for you, but whenever I get a new or used servo,
I put it on the servo exerciser for 15 minutes and just let it run to see how it acts.
You don't have to get crazy or anything, just observe.

My experience with new electronics especially is that they usually go early on if they go at all.

Will be interesting to see other responses.
I've been looking at the line and wanting to try them for throttle also.

Take care
Bob
Hey Bob....you speak of a "servo exerciser". Never seen one....What do you use or did you build your own?

Mikeq

150cc
OMG...this is what happens when I read "AND" respond before I've had my second cup of coffee. I have an HFP-25. DUH!!!!!

Hey Rob you could set your test servo to the throttle channel and pay someone to run the throttle lever up and down for 15 minutes..say someone like her...
sexy-blonde-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif