• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Painting Fabric Covered Airplanes Made Easy — Tips for Scale Markings

GSNadmin

Staff member
When it comes to add that last part of the finishing process, Paint”, to your latest scale project, it can be a little scary. I have been covering and painting Scale RC airplanes with Scale Stits and Poly-Tone paint for more than 25 years and I have been getting great results.

I have written several article takes you basically step by step on the prepping, sealing, priming, painting and then adding your custom markings. Any besides the actual paint used, this technique used to produce masked off markings can be used with most premium products. Nothing exotic is needed, just poster paper, masking tape and newspaper is all the supplies I use.

Of course I also use an HVLP (high volume, low pressure) paint gun, so there is very little over spray. Check out this article for some handy tips you can use on your fabric covered airplane.

MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this article and many others highlighting amazing techniques, RC airplane builds, projects and flight reports. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.

Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.

• 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
  • Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
  • Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
  • Aerobatic flight technique video lessons for plane & helicopter pilots
  • Contests & giveaways only for members
  • 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
  • 10 years of Electric Flight archives
  • 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop

http://www.airagestore.com/membersh...f-exclusive-member-access-for-only-24-95.html

Model Airplane News - The #1 resource for RC plane and helicopter enthusiasts featuring news, videos, product releases and tech tips.

Continue reading...

sensei

30cc
I couldn't agree with you more, I have also been using Stits system for nearly 40 years on full scale and RC models alike, all with excellent results. Here are some pictures of those I have covered using Stits.

Bob

055.jpg
056.jpg
0058.jpg
Giles 202.jpg
046.jpg
092.jpg
098.jpg
106.jpg

Attachments

• 055.jpg
    055.jpg