• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Retract Air Pressure Monitor

camss69

70cc twin V2
It would be really nice to know the pressure for the retracts... Anybody figure out how to monitor it? I have an XG11 DMSS radio.. I submitted feedback to JR Americas for it and they said they would pass it on. If you had a pneumatic to electric sensor and then put a battery voltage monitor on the output and alarmed it when it got to the voltage for the lowest pressure you can lower the gear at might work.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I use a little pressure gauge on my classic pattern planes but of course no telemetry there, I have to look at the gauge after i land.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I was thinking so that if you had a leak you would know and could get the gear down while you still had air while flying..

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I use Spring Air retracts. If you loose pressure they spring down. In other words the air piston holds the retract up.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I've used Spring Air in the past, you could still use the air pressure sensor on them as well. Unfortunately spring air doesn't make a set of gear for my current project.