• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Reza has been here for a week and he's already giving stuff away! RED LINE OIL!

SleepyC

150cc
IMG_0165.JPG

Dear Modelers, and RC Enthusiasts,

About 7 years ago, I started using Red Line Two-Stroke Racing Oil and comparing the long term affects of it in engine wear. This is after having 100’s of hours of flight time on various size DA engines on Amsoil. Needless to say after about a year of running Red Line Two-Stroke Racing Oil and sending engines in for regular checkups or taking them apart myself, I realized how much of a difference oil can make in your engine wear.

I discussed this with Dave Johnson, Bryan Gilmore and Jeff on number of occasions and it seemed like Desert Aircraft was also noticing the difference in engine wear and overall cleanness of the components. I think the conclusion was, oil can and does make a difference. Also Red Line proved to be more tolerant to user errors. What does that mean? Well, it means that users new to gas engines could potentially run the engine a little leaner and yet Red Line Two-Stroke Racing Oil could still protect their engine by providing good lubrication, or they would run the engine a little richer than they should and yet Red Line Oil would not cause significant carbon build up due to its superior detergency.

IMG_0167.JPG

Needless to say after having so much luck with their Two-Stroke Racing Oil, I started running their products in every toy or machine that I cared for. I ran them in my waverunners, have logged over 700 hours and 10,000 miles of ocean riding, at times in very adverse condition with engine under lots of stress, yet after hundreds of hours, I still maintain very high compression, north of 200 psi.

I ran their V-Twin Transmission Oil with Shockproof in my Harley and shifting became smoother and less loud, if you haven’t tried it, please do.

I run their 75W90 GL-5 Gear Oil in primary drive of my BMW R1100S motorcycle and their 20W50 oil in the engine. Everything this company produces is about quality.

I am sure some of you have some awesome experiences of Red Line Oil products as well. So, here’s what I am thinking to do, Red Line Oil company has donated a few bottles of Two-Stroke Racing Oil to Captain’s Aviation to give out to modelers on GiantScaleNew.coms as a token of appreciation of their support of Red Line Oil Company.

Please post your experiences with Red Line Oil products and I will do a random drawing on April 15th and will reward a minimum of 3 people on GiantScaleNews with 2 bottles each of Red Line Two-Stroke Racing Oil. Captain’s Aviation will also cover the shipping to most US States.

Here are some videos of this fine product for our application:

So post your experiences with Red Line guys! Win some free OIL!

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
My experience is that I have used it for a long time with great results, and I tell all my friends to use it.

Reza

50cc
Just a note, all the credits go to Red Line Oil for their willingness to participate and welcome my suggestion. I want to personally thank them for recognizing and appreciating modelers as some of their loyal customers!

Thanks Sleepy for putting up this giveaway.

les2097

50cc
I used Pennzoil air cooled for several years and switched to Red Line all the carbon build up started to break up and disappear...

Red Line forever....!!

Reza

50cc
You are so correct. I used to run lawnboy ashless for 2 to 5 gallons depending on the size of engine for break in. Then I would switch to Red Line 2stroke racing. It would wash away the build up in 3 gallons.

I used Pennzoil air cooled for several years and switched to Red Line all the carbon build up started to break up and disappear...

Red Line forever....!!

Reza

50cc
Anyone into 2 stroke motocross bikes?
Here's a KTM 200 piston after 200 hours. Rings had minimum wear and cylinder was pristine...200 hours is a lot of hours when you ride these bikes hard...

Attachments

• 20150117_223501.jpg
    20150117_223501.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 367

Mikeq

150cc

Red Line forever....!!
Same here.... Use to break in all my gas engines with Lawnboy ashless and switched to Amsoil...since I've started using Redline the engine seems to run more consistently where I don't have to tweak the carburetor needles as much. I can see a difference in engine performance since I've started using Redline and don't plan on going back.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
DA says to use it so thats gospel to me, have never used any other brand of oil so I have no stories of how other brands compare. From break in to competiton, there is no other choice of oil.

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
I had been using sthil ultra and switched to redline and agree that the engines run more smooth and consistent. Plus, the black residue seems to have lessened quite a bit on my planes. I won't ever look back!