• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Sebart SBach 342 Build Log

bruceman

50cc
Hello All,
I have recently finished building a Sebart SeBach 342, and would like to share my build experiences with anyone who might be interested. This plane has many good features and I am quite pleased with the result of the build. It has sparked alot of interest at the air field. There are also a few areas that I felt needed improvement, or I changed because of my preferences. I will try to provide pictures along the way where possible.
First, let me provide a run down on the equipment list as the plane sits right now, as it is quite different than the manufactures build sheet.
Transmitter: Spektrum DX8
Receiver: Spektrum AR7010 (7 channel w/ remote receiver)
Telemetry: Spektrum TM1000 (currently monitors main motor battery and receiver battery)
Servos: Spektrum A3020 sub-micro (metal gears, coreless digital)
Motor: Hacker A40 10S
ESC: Eflight Pro 60A
Battery: Turnigy Nano 3300Ma, 4S, 65-120C
Prop: Xoar 14x8 electric wood
Spinner: Eflight 2 1/4" aluminum

SteveT.

100cc
I have looked at this plane many times.....looks like a nice plane....I wish the color scheme was a bit more scale....but that is certainly not a deal breaker for me.....

Looks like you have some good equipment in it....Have you flown it yet?

SteveT

bruceman

50cc
hi Steve,
I'm really pleased with this plane. The overall quality is very good. I changed or improved quite a few things during the build, which I will share in this thread. The plane has been up three times, piloted by SnowDog. As I stated before, I'm still trying to get my wings back and I wanted someone with alot of experience to do the maiden. Probably a good thing I did because the plane had a CG issue even though I put the CG one the factory settings with a CG machine. The plane was tail heavy. The recommended motor (Hacker A30) seemed to not be enough power. In an attempt to rectify both the CG and power issues, I have installed a Hacker A40 and went from a 3S battery to a 4S battery. On the last flight, the plane was just a slight bit tail heavy (two clicks of elevator trim) and the power band is really good. The jury is still out on the CG issue as the last flight was on a fairly windy day. Stay posted and I will start going through the build over the weekend. Thanks for the interest.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I also built, modded, and flew this plane.
Had her for around 15 flights.
I'm subscribed!

bruceman

50cc
thanks all!
I really like this plane. I think I have learned alot about the air frame and what it likes or doesn't like. Although the plane is already built, I'm going to go throgh each phase of the build so you can see what I did. Guaranteed when I pull into the parking lot at the field, there is always 5 or 6 people standing around her. We are going to have fun with this!

xlr8tion

50cc
Resurrection of the thread!

Went on another "Crack" buying binge and picked up a 50e NIB with a Hacker A50-16s NIB, Castle 100 Edge lite NIP and 4 Hitec Servos NIP.

I need to get into rehab as I went motor shopping for the 58" 3DHS Edge Gryo found me and then BOOM 375 OTD delivered for a new AC!

Good thing Whitney Houston did not get into RC!

PS....Anyone know where to get wing bags for this? Those Italians omitted them. BASTA!

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Resurrection of the thread!

Went on another "Crack" buying binge and picked up a 50e NIB with a Hacker A50-16s NIB, Castle 100 Edge lite NIP and 4 Hitec Servos NIP.

I need to get into rehab as I went motor shopping for the 58" 3DHS Edge Gryo found me and then BOOM 375 OTD delivered for a new AC!

Good thing Whitney Houston did not get into RC!

PS....Anyone know where to get wing bags for this? Those Italians omitted them. BASTA!

I got to meet Tim from Red Baron Hobbies this past weekend, super nice guy. He sells a variety of custom made wingbags, and should have some perfect for this plane.

Edit: Tim's name on the forum: [MENTION=529]thfirefighter4793[/MENTION]

xlr8tion

50cc
I got to meet Tim from Red Baron Hobbies this past weekend, super nice guy. He sells a variety of custom made wingbags, and should have some perfect for this plane.

Edit: Tim's name on the forum: [MENTION=529]thfirefighter4793[/MENTION]

Thanks GYRO!

I have heard of some QC issues with SEBART ARFs.....Did you have any problems with the build quality of your kit?

Thanks!

greg