• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servos, Which one and why, Competition or Weekend Warrior.

doublea

100cc
So what do you use and why. I have heard good things about savox. Some have told me good things about solar servos. I have been using hitec religously. Just want to hear some opinions.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
There are a lot of variables to consider for this question. I use a mix of Hitec (7950, 7954, 7955) and Savox (1270, 2270, 1256). If I need to get some for a new build, I now lean towards Savox. For the price and reliability, I don't think you can beat Savox. I was going to try solar servos, but I have read some not so good things about the longevity and reliability of them, so I will stick with what I know works.

yakken

100cc
I have had no luck with 7955's or 7950's. They have developed the jitters. 1256's,1258's and 1231's have worked flawlessly. And i dont just fly three times a month. When the weather is nice i burn around four gallons a week. So i put a lot of time on my equipment.

Ken-H

Centerpunchit!
I've had the opposite luck in regards to the 79 series. Been pretty flawless for me and lots of hardcore time on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here my son an I have around 60 hi-tech 7954's an 55's an never had but a couple issues ,However some of them do tend to jitter. Considered the savox but like chicken balls they've always taken care of us.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
I've got 26 Savox 1270's in 4 GS airplanes. 3 of the 4 are approaching 500 flights between them. I have nothing but the best to say about my Savox 1270's. I was a die-hard Hitec guy til the great "jittergate" fiasco of a couple years back with the 50's. I just lost the faith and haven't been back.

I've been on a Savox kick lately. I really like how they perform. I removed 4 8711HV servos out of my MX2 wing on my Comp ARF. First snap roll, muscle memory kicked in and I over rotated by 1/4 revolution. I did not make any other changes except to the matchboxes. Travels and expo were left alone. I did the same snap a few more times, and still over rotated. So, I reduced my low dual rate and added a bit more expo. The 2270s were so fast off center, it made the airplane twitchy.

But I also have 1270s, 2231s and 1250 MG HVs. All are rock solid.