• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Somethin extra

I know this isn't considered a giant scale plane but was always one of my favorite easy to build kits and every day flier planes I've built 3 in the past some with tail mods. anyways I've ordered 2 kits one for my adult son and 1 for me he talked me into getting back into the hobby didn't take much haha . But I've been waiting months for it.... Sig seems to be having some issues. So I decided to scratch build one I have 3 sets of plans and landing gear canopies etc so I have the wing ribs traced did that years ago and formers are on the plans but there are other shapes I don't have landing gear mount servo tray firewall etc . I can invent my own but just wondered if anyone else has done this and maybe has the templates already ?

Question what's your guys opinion on monocoat versus ultrakote I used ultrakote on my 300s recently it seems to me it wrinkles in the sun easier granted I'm getting back into the hobby and I'm going off of memory