• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

South Central Fly Low In

August 27-31 magnolia Arkansas.

Tons of raffle prizes, Saturday one trick contest-$500 to win! Two flight lines, light towers, free camping, free pilots fee, food vendor on site Friday and Saturday.

SleepyC

150cc
TEST attachment.

attachment.php

29=7-image.jpg
29=7-image.jpg

Well guys and gals we have a little over 3 weeks until the most BAD ASS event will hit within 500 miles of Arkansas. August 28 through September 1st Magnolia Arkansas will have the 3D Hobby Shop Fly Low In brought to you by the South Arkansas Tail Draggers. Let me tell you about the guys and this field. Year before last I had made friends with a guy named Brian Hendricks and he over the last year or so has become pretty well known around here. He and his buddies have been putting the mile on going to events and have a great time. You just cannot be around them and not be having a blast and laughing the entire time. So Last year we they attended the Fort Smith Fly Low and asked what would it take to get like this to their field and from that point on I knew this would be a great place to hold this year’s event. Brian and about ten of his friends started on making what has become one of the nicest fields in South Arkansas. Then entire member list is those guys for the club but because they are just that much fun to be around more and more people come down to this field to fly and hang out literally EVERY weekend. Just in the past year the field has went from a mowed spot in the middle of nothing to a AMA field with two active runways at all times on each side of the parking lot so if you wanted you are never looking at the sun that doubles as a control line circle for anything small enough to fly off it, a HUGE parking area for pitting, camping, and just having a good time, and a covered shelter to hide from the sun and kick your feet up. No kidding guys this place is awesome and is smack dab in the middle of 60 acres of nothing but green grass. So when I told Brian and the boys what they it took to put on a bad ass event, they listened and went overboard making the field capable of such an event.

Now about the event. This I promise if you miss this one you will hate yourself, we have not only some of the best prizes you could find in a raffle but we also have CASH to hand out and guys what? There is NO LANDING FEE. But how you ask? Well Brian has go several surrounding business’s and business of those that enjoy flying at this field to team up and donate money towards a one trick contest. Now don’t let that scare you. This is open to anyone! If you want to go out and pull of some completely amazing trick with your plane, heck we are willing to watch. With risk comes great reward though so the more you put out there the better chances you will have at winning $500 dollars. There is also a food service trailer that will be set up serving food and light towers set up so the fun will never stop!

The raffle is going to be amazing. You all know each year I have had an event I focused on and it has always been a great time with some prizes that were worth the drive down just to try and win even if you didn’t fly something while you were there. We have been getting stuff in from sponsors and let me tell you it is looking GOOD. 3D Hobby Shop has sent us airframes that on the way, Desert Aircraft sent a DA 60, JR a XG14, Aero Cumulus has donated smoke oil, Hobbico, JTEC/RadioWave, and so many other companies out there has come together to make this raffle one that will go down in history! I don’t want to miss one so let me follow up on below with the complete list of goodies donated by such amazing companies giving back to its customers in this great hobby.

That being said let’s get this party started. How many of you are going and what are you bringing? The reason I ask I will have stickers for your planes for those that comment, commit, and make to the field!!!

Bigbird

30cc
Paragraphs Josh. That post has created a headache just trying to read the first 1/2 of it! Yes I am busting your chops but it is true.

sparkx38

50cc
I've gotta tell ya! Brian Hendricks and the other TailDraggers know how to have fun and always have some of the areas finest show up. If you miss this one you will regret it. I've watched these guys prepare for this event for months and its gonna be a good one.

thanks stacey. looks like we will have bruce with his sound system, and the guys from houston say they are bringing theres too. should be able to morph them together and rock the house. we will also have a big disco ball under the shed to go with the shiney pole.... WHAT??? lol

sparkx38

50cc
Heck yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Any one that's able to make it and chooses not to will regret it.

Who's the shiney pole for? If you say Bossier Rob I'm out. :cool: