• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sure Makes One Appreciate One's Own Field

Watching [MENTION=110]Terryscustom[/MENTION] Suk maiden flight video and this video was one of the ones that came up after watching his, it's Gabby flying at what I assume is his home field...

Really makes me appreciate the hump I fly upon, it may be a hump but it has all kinds of open space around it!

Reminds me of an event we did at Fantasy of Flight a few years back. A lot of guys wouldn't fly. Trees in front and left, buildings behind, and full scale runway to right. No room for error.

Bipeguy03

150cc
It's not that bad!! lol

I fly a lot at home.... I live on an airport... I know your all thinking "well lotsa open space there!" well I fly off the front ramp, and have to takeoff going one direction and land going back the other direction (a lot of downwind landings) and I have T-hangers on either side of me, a reservoir and power lines to the east, and I fuel farm next to where I pit,

Not to mention I have to land whenever a full scale enters the pattern! lol

Most guys think I'm nuts, but ya gotta fly when and where you can!!

Do-rag

100cc
Tight but not uncomfortably tight. Used to fly off of about 80 feet in my back yard between two pine trees. Take off one way land coming back the other with no room to go around. Of course we are not talking Giant scale back then either.

Jace

50cc
11196=4497-scott4.jpg
11196=4497-scott4.jpg
Not so much where we fly :pride:

Bipeguy03

150cc
When you get used to flying in tight quarters, and then you go to a field with no obstructions you feel more confident and, at least for me, get lower and a little wilder lol.

Flying in cramped spaces makes you a better pilot!!

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Bipeguy03;11208 wrote: When you get used to flying in tight quarters, and then you go to a field with no obstructions you feel more confident and, at least for me, get lower and a little wilder lol.

Flying in cramped spaces makes you a better pilot!!

Or a better builder/repairer. :)