• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool TAS Freestyle Crashes

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Ouch for sure! But those were way more spectacular crashes than the 2015 shootout where the only crashes I saw were when Kim pushed it to the absolute limit until he crashed and the fuselage break during a benign pull out of a loop type maneuver from the Frenchman.

Colt4570

New to GSN!
The wife and I got to go and see some great pilots at our first TAS, but there were lots of broken planes! It hurt every time one hit the ground!

Colt4570

New to GSN!
Got a few stills of the crash as well.

Attachments

• 1S0A4213.jpg
    1S0A4213.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 497
  • 1S0A4214.jpg
    1S0A4214.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 543
  • 1S0A4219.jpg
    1S0A4219.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:

Rusty 73

100cc
Thats amazing you caught that shot on your camera , very cool .:ooh?:
Were you there for the whole TAS i left on Sat so i missed the most of Freestyling and the fianals in the iMac divisions .

Colt4570

New to GSN!
Thanks Rusty! I didn't realize I got it until after we got home, lol. Unfortunately, we only got to be there on Saturday. We saw most of the freestyle that day.

Rusty 73

100cc
Just looking through the Freestyle pilots list I believe the pilot is Miguel Alcala from Mexico .
Unfortunate bobble to touch the tail to the ground .On friday I saw Kim do that slow rollers over the banners a scraped the right wing tip off. It was amazing to watch Matt Stringer ,Bruno Macedo ,Santiago Perez all work together and fix that plane so Kim and Santiago fly it for threat of the freestyle rounds .
That same day Santiago had his plane go straight into the ground , its on the video crash real . It looked like when he di his roll something struck the canopy and he lose complete control of his plane , that crash was a really shame .

I really enjoyed meeting and learning from the best pilots in North America great great memories .