• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Technically Not Nall 2015

...but was the first Sunday of Nall, at my home field, prepping for Joe Nall and I was pushing (too hard) to maiden my Extreme Flight 88" Edge.

Notice how soon the tail comes off the ground, as well as how during the roll the nose keeps trying to go to the ground, keep an eye on the left stab/elevator as soon as the plane passes the camera you can see it having worked its way out and essentially acting like a giant, random elevator input.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I watched the video in .25 speed on youtube. Did you flip any switches just prior to take-off?? The elevators appear to be moving completely opposite of each other and it get's worse as you get faster and is at it's worst just prior to crash when you would have been pulling full up, the opposite elevator is full down. Do you have some sort of mix in your transmitter mixing the elevators or is the plane set up as a dual elevator airplane???? If you have a mix monitor screen or a channel monitor in your transmitter move to that page and replicate exactly what you did prior to take-off and watch that monitor screen to see if the servos move different.

Having them move proportionally different vs. sporadic input is interesting. Sorry for your loss!!!!! That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I watched the video in .25 speed on youtube. Did you flip any switches just prior to take-off?? The elevators appear to be moving completely opposite of each other and it get's worse as you get faster and is at it's worst just prior to crash when you would have been pulling full up, the opposite elevator is full down. Do you have some sort of mix in your transmitter mixing the elevators or is the plane set up as a dual elevator airplane???? If you have a mix monitor screen or a channel monitor in your transmitter move to that page and replicate exactly what you did prior to take-off and watch that monitor screen to see if the servos move different.

Having them move proportionally different vs. sporadic input is interesting. Sorry for your loss!!!!! That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow....!!!! Good eye Terry. I also viewed it a .25 speed with full window view. At 1:05, you can most definitely tell the left elevator is deflecting down while the right one is deflecting up. As the video progresses, it become more pronounced and at 1:06 there is no question of the same. Dang, what a shame....:(

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Dang, what a shame is right. As much as I hate to have one go in, it always stings more when it's the maiden flight.......ask me how I know.:face-palm: It sounded like it hit the ground pretty hard in the video, but I hope you can fix it.