• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The Drastic is Dead. So long my friend.

Took off and eased into a nice bank to the left. What happened next was crazy. She kept rolling left, I had nothing. Then all of a sudden, she started rolling right, and kept rolling right! That was the beginning of the end. I couldn't throttle back or kill the engine. No control response. She went in at two thirds throttle.

I believe the battery disconnected. I'd replaced the batteries that morning. They were freshly charged. Checked the batts after the crash and they were good. Plugged in the receiver and what control surfaces were left worked fine. I definitely wasn't out of range. Head scratcher.

Steve
IMG_0943.JPG

Spectrum A-6150's on all surfaces. Ailerons, Flaps, dual elevators, two 1700 mah Li-ions, Orange Module, Orange 9ch Rx, Taranis radio. Flew with the radio combo no probs. Switched batts a week later and dead plane. Batts were charged. Stable under load. The Rx batt may have come loose. I could not cut throttle. Will never know what happened.