• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

BalsaDust

Another flight in the books. Only two total so far but I like it so far. Did some inverted flight with it this flight and just amazing how stable this thing is. I will need to add in some more throw to the elevator though. Only has about 1/4" of down travel and I found quick as soon as I began to turn it would drop quick and could only be fixed with a ton of throttle input.
Habu STS.jpg

BalsaDust

Never ceases to amaze me at how much fun this plane is. Went flying on my lunch break today to use up the charged batts I didn't use on my camping trip because of wind. So four nice flights completed one of which was just stay low flying inverted figure eights.

I took note that my DX9 is showing just shy of 9 hours of flight time on this plane. Please disregard how dirty my radio is.
DX(.jpg
UMX Timber.jpg

BalsaDust

All loaded it to go have fun today. This will be the first time in over a year that I have gone to fly at the club field with other members there. Generally have gone out during lunch breaks by myself. Just wasn’t willing to take chances with the pandemic and all and a little girl at home.
5AA83148-BFB6-46C6-8FDC-7E32F24E55CD.jpeg

BalsaDust

Had more fun in a two hour stent at the flying field than I have had in a long time. Let my buddy take a spin with the ChubCub that I designed long ago and he was in love. After 5 packs went through it there was a slight dork that broke the motor mount free.
ChubCub.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Had more fun in a two hour stent at the flying field than I have had in a long time. Let my buddy take a spin with the ChubCub that I designed long ago and he was in love. After 5 packs went through it there was a slight dork that broke the motor mount free.
View attachment 118595
I fully understand. I don’t make it to the club field as often as I’d like. But every time I do it’s an absolute blast!

WMcNabb

150cc
For sale - one owner, low hours, flown only to church on Sundays…

If this is the battery, you can imagine what happened to the plane.
Headed out to the club field tomorrow for the annual Chili Fly-in, with high hopes for a better outcome.

A04FD170-F30C-4225-AA7B-CF2DDA3DBEE5.jpeg

RIP E-flite Staggerwing….

B5DB7EDA-211C-4E92-9CA4-097A7A669E28.jpeg

Attachments

• 7FBB1B55-D39C-4777-B99F-C8E267807D1D.jpeg
    7FBB1B55-D39C-4777-B99F-C8E267807D1D.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited: