• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The Lomcevak

gyro

GSN Contributor
Description of the maneuver
The Lomcevak can be very difficult to do and it's very similar to the "Crankshaft". It is pretty much a horizontal KE spin! It's very fun! It's a tongue twister too!

Example, fast forward to 1:30

Here is what it looks like in a positive spin rather than a negative spin.
Fast forward to 2:02

Level of difficulty
Medium

Performing the Maneuver
Enter which ever way you would like to do your lomcevak, (inverted would be better) than enter just like you would in a KE spin.

Entering from left
1. Throttle high, (medium to high) flip inverted,
2. While inverted Kick in a lot of left rudder, then quickly add left aileron and DOWN elevator,
3. Continue for 3-4 turns,
4. RECOVER!

Entering from right
1. Throttle high, (about 5/8th throttle) flip inverted,
2. While inverted, Kick in a lot of right rudder, then quickly add right aileron and DOWN elevator,
3. Continue for 3-4 turns,
4. RECOVER!

Steering
There's no real way you can steer while doing this move. Just, point the nose in the direction you want to go and do it!

Exiting
For exiting, (coming from left) pull the elevator and pull right aileron. Hold the rudder in the opposite direction for a little, straighten out and keep going!
(coming from right) pull the elevator and pull left aileron. Hold the rudder in the opposite direction for a little, straighten out and keep going!

Common mistakes
Too much aileron, not enough aileron.

Tips
Keep practicing on the sim until you get it right. When you think you got it, try it up high, Remember, not all airframes can do this maneuver.

Videos
"Crankshaft/Lomchevak"

Here's what happens when it goes right:

And this is what happens when you do it too low!!!:

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I was watching Rob Hollands 2012 review video and noticed his are with up elevator vs. down. I wonder how difficult that would be. I just started getting them on my 51 slick. Sweet move :D

Feral

The inputs for forward lomcevacs are full left aileron full left rudder full down elevator and most importantly full throttle I do them in low rates to get them to look like Rob Hollands. I start them from upright full throttle level flight pull up 45degrees or vertical give the inputs and let her rip if you time it right you can fly straight out of them but sometimes I need a half aileron roll to come out level. They look awsome when you pull them just after takeoff

SnowDog

Got these dialed in they look awsome I'll post a video this weekend

That's great!!! Glad this input could help. Can't wait to see your video!

The inputs for forward lomcevacs are full left aileron full left rudder full down elevator and most importantly full throttle I do them in low rates to get them to look like Rob Hollands. I start them from upright full throttle level flight pull up 45degrees or vertical give the inputs and let her rip if you time it right you can fly straight out of them but sometimes I need a half aileron roll to come out level. They look awsome when you pull them just after takeoff

So where's that promised video my friend? :popcorn:

Feral

My gopro is stuffed and I'm waiting for my new sunnies with built in HD camera to arrive its bloody hard to hold the iPhone and fly I've got one flying in 55kph I'll put it up tonight