• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Thinking of Going to Jeti

I've been flying Futaba for the past 3 years and I'm thinking of making a switch. I'm currently using a 14SG and it's a great radio. I'm interested in some of the extra features of the Jeti though.

The other issue is that I'm also a thumber for the most part and I don't use a strap. So I'd probably have to go back to using a strap.

I would go with the DS-14 Basic and add the features I would like if I went this route. Any words of wisdom?

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
I went from the 14sg to the DS16 early this year. Best move ever. Sold all my FUTABA gear and went all in JETI. No issues. Great gear. Enjoy. :welcome:

I've been considering the same change. I was very disappointed in the new Futaba RX. I fly a 14SG and I was planning on using that receiver on several new builds. I'm also a huge fan of telemetry. I don't feel that futaba handles telemetry as well as Jeti, and Jeti has a very nice solution for power distro/redundant rx in their CB200.

Jeti has both a traditional style (the DS series) and a tray style (the DC series). Like you, I'm a thumb flyer and I want to buy one of the DS series TX, but I do use a strap and/or tray already so I'm considering trying to make the switch (again) to pinch.

Jeti has a lot going for it. Their technology is very sharp and I've been impressed by everything I've read. I love their telemetry and their receivers. So I'm going to make the jump as soon as the new 24 series radios come out.

Talk to @orthobird He's been a huge help to me.

It's the new 7018 with dual deans plugs. Unfortunately, it is limited to 6x high torque servos. Futaba included a notice with the RX saying not to exceed 12 amps and 6x high torque servos. I'm sure this receiver has a place, but I wanted a Futaba version of the Power Safe receivers. I was hoping to use it to get away from multiple receivers/power distro systems. For me, it just isn't want I want in a GS receiver for 100cc+ planes. There's been a lengthy (and heated) thread over on the other site about it.

Over the past decade, there have been several significant, mile stone, improvements in radio equipment.
The 2.4 GHz technology did away with the pin boards, and I believe the Futaba 14Mz created a whole new error of programing options.
Today, I think there is no question that the Jeti radio systems have taken a huge leap in not just the technology but also in the quality of the hardware.
I should mention that I don't own a Jeti radio but I would really like to.