Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Vacuum Bags

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Trey Wood, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Trey Wood

Trey Wood New to GSN!

Didn't know where to post this but I was wondering if there is a source for vacuum bags for bagging wings that's basically a tube that's been flattened so all you have to do is seal two ends.

Thanks for any help.

2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Try CST.

3. Trey Wood

Trey Wood New to GSN!

Thanks!

4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    It depends on how big the wing is if you can not get a sleeve big enough you have to the tape they supply to seal the bag. Not sure I am using the correct terminology but it is the stuff you use to seal the sides of plastic together it’s like a putty.
    When I needed to doe something large all did was go to the hardware store and buy some plastic that fitted my needs and just sealed it all around. Plastic from the hardware store is a lot cheaper.

5. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Hello Trey, welcome to GSN!
    Another option for you is ACP. Good information available on this site.
    Link below will take you to the vacuum bagging supplies.

https://store.acpcomposites.com/category/vacuum-bagging/bags-films-plys

Good luck!
    Wade

Trey Wood likes this.