• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Where should build and assembly threads be? POLL, please vote!

Should build and assembly threads be together or in their dedicated Sub-forums?

• Together in one build/assembly area

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Separated out into the individual sub-forums

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hey folks,

Time for you guys to tell me how you'd like the site to be laid out when it comes to build and assembly threads.

Would you rather they all be where they are now in one big sub-forum or would you prefer that the builds be separated and put with the individual sub-forums that we have (IMAC, Scale, 3D, etc.)

I know a lot of you like to be in with your gang that are all doing the same thing but I like to see everyone mixing it up and seeing each others' stuff. I've always thought it's good for 3D flyers to see a scale build once in a while or for scale flyers to see all of the effort that goes into a really high quality 3D build.

So let me know, separate or all in one area.

Please vote and we'll see how the results look after a week or so.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I would like to see "all" builds in one place be it IMAC, scale, semi scale, 3D, even a total rebuild or bash of an arf is fine. Just not a taking it out of the box and assembling it. Even a link in the build section to any build would suffice.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It is going to be a hard sell, people don't want to see their venue moved. That's why I say make a link to the build section from where ever they are placed. That way everyone can keep going where they go and us builders interested in all of them have a single place to go.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I say create new sub forums. Make a 3D section where all of the content about 3D flying goes, then an IMAC section for IMACers, then scale for the scale dudes, jets, so on and so forth. It's easier if you have a dedicated forum to keep the specific content in that forum.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I almost never look at the forum listings anyway, because I usually only use the Watch Threads and New Posts buttons. I can find anything I'm interested in there.

Also my scratch build project really doesn't really fit into the Scale, IMAC or 3D categories. It's Scale ish but not really a scale model of anything. But, I'll follow them no matter where they are.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I am having a hard time to answer this but will try. Believe that ARF assembly should all be under one heading and all scratch building or kit building on another another heading. But all the types of planes together under one heading depending on whether or not it is a jet, warbirds or a 3D plane. When reading for example a kit build I belive we all reading it is see how thing are done and what can we find out to help our selves build a better plane.