• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

XFC 2016 Is Approaching! Jun 9-12

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Folks!

XFC is almost here! 14 pilots are confirmed and the last three will be determined in the first day of flying from those that show up! It's possible someone that we haven't heard of yet will show up and throw down, earning the right to compete against the other 14 pilots that are there by invitation! It's that anything-can-happen excitement that makes the XFC event special!

We're proud to be a GOLD sponsor of this event, partly thanks to your donations!

XFC 2016 Homepage

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 6.12.57 PM.png

The 14 confirmed airplane pilots;
Jase Dussia
Chris Gini
Chris Hass
Johnathan Jennings
Tim Kunath
Dean Lampron
Michael Leonard Jr.
David Moser
Spencer Nordquist
Santiago Perez
Kal Reifsnyder
Andrew Ritschel
Joe Smith
Brian Strachan

Schedule
All Times are approximate:

Thursday, June 9th (Qualification and Practice Day)
9:00 Last Chance qualifying (LQC) for entry into the XFC

Friday, June 10th
8:00 XFC Known Rounds
11:00-5:00 XFC Unknown & Smack Rounds

Saturday, June 11th
8:00 am XFC Known Rounds
11:00-5:00 XFC Unknown & Smack Rounds
Dusk Night Fly/Fireworks show

Sunday, June 12th
FINALS DAY
8:00 XFC Known Round (top 7 competitors)
10:00 Unknown & Smack Rounds (top 7 competitors)

Bipeguy03

150cc
Unfortunately with the move to Champaign, I won't be able to make it this year. An extra state away means an overnight stay and just cant afford to do that this year.

Wishing all the pilots the best, and hope it's a great show as always!

@Bartman, love the full page add!!!! We are the best :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
Really excited about making my first trip up there to see all the action and support Brian and GSN.

Last edited:
My wife and I will be attending. Since the longer drive it is hard to justify the drive and run the generator in the motorhome 3 days for the dogs. So we got a hotel (holy cow they are pricey and could not get a deal on priceline) and will drive our Fusion instead.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Haven't been there in a few years, but nice to know is a closer drive if I decide to go

Hope you decide to make the drive Dennis, be good to finally meet you.

My wife and I will be attending. Since the longer drive it is hard to justify the drive and run the generator in the motorhome 3 days for the dogs. So we got a hotel (holy cow they are pricey and could not get a deal on priceline) and will drive our Fusion instead.

Sounds like a smart way to save a few bucks for he raffle!

Hope you decide to make the drive Dennis, be good to finally meet you.

Sounds like a smart way to save a few bucks for he raffle!

Maybe, I spend big bucks last year trying to get a DA 170. That didn't work. Some guy that won like 3 engines got it. Holy mega jealous.

Futabaman

New to GSN!
Are you pretty good stick? Got some skillz? Bring it to the XFC and show off a little. LCQ day is Thursday prior to the competiton, so take a chance and try your luck at getting into the field. All it takes is Airplane, hands, and a little gas (engine gas, not gastric).
www.xfc-rc.com