• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ 180 Owners' Thread

Tavis

50cc
The zdz 180 is my favorite motor for 40% 3D flying.
If you own one post your experiences here.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Both mine have been pretty sweet. Still getting warmed up with flying skills after a long Winter but lots of fun on the 125" scratch built MXS. Looking to get my PAU Extra back out but does not look like any more flying time until after Joe Nall for that one. Both still running a tad rich and sneaking up on needle settings to get some more low and slow flights in.

thurmma

150cc
Just found this forum :) Have around 5 1/2 gallons through my 180 now and love the way it runs. I believe I have the starting sequence figured out finally. I set the choke, flip the prop 4 times, turn the choke off and no more than 3 flips and I am running. I found that if I flip the engine until it pops on the choke, it takes quite a few flips to get the engine to fire up. It will sit there and pop about 6 to 8 times and then finally fire up. The 4 flips with choke and 3 without is currently working like a champ. No popping before it fires up, just on the second or third flip comes to life :)

I had my first IMAC contest with this engine on June 11th and had quite a few people asking how I got the DA to pull so hard :) Once I explained that it was a ZDZ and told them what prop I have on it, 29x12EVO 3 blade, their eyes were opened to an alternative that looked very promising. Once I told them the price and that it would, for the most part, bolt right in where a DA or DLE was mounted, they got even more interested. Then I told them the really good news, I was flying about 80% of the Intermediate sequence at about 3/4 throttle, it really blew them away :)

I just can't get enough of this engine! After the engine issues I have had over the last 6 months, to finally have something that I know is going to perform and perform reliably every time is a very nice feeling. Now I go fly and don't have to worry about what I may have to fix when I get done flying.

Joe and Nicole at ZDZ USA have my business for a long time to come :)

thurmma

150cc
Another 3 flights last night that were flawless :) I now have approx. 27 flights on the engine and the power still amazes me every time I fly :)