If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.Dismiss Notice
We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!
Flex News! Premier Aircraft Cessna 170
The Premier Aircraft Cessna 170 is the evolution and accumulation of many years of design experience. The officially licensed Cessna 170 offers something for everyone. At its core, it is a forgiving general aviation aircraft with rough field capabilities. If desired, it also has the ability to kick up the power and offer a surprising level of aerobatic capability. It offers a perfectly balanced air-frame design combined with the included Aura 8, today’s most Advanced Flight Control System, yielding an unmatched flying experience. Pilots will feel smooth, predictable and precise aircraft control without any interference to pilot inputs. The aircraft's extremely light, yet rigid air-frame will offer forgiving yet responsive flying characteristics! The Cessna 170 structure is hollow on the inside and has carbon fiber in key locations and the unique forward plywood structure secures the power system and makes it run very smooth, even at high power. Because it is EPO foam, it remains TOUGH and REPAIRABLE.
Flex Innovations has tuned and matched both the air-frame and the Aura 8 to their best potential. However, the Aura 8 programming capability allows the pilot total freedom to adjust all settings, including the flight modes (sensor control inputs can even can be switched off). The USB firmware update capability will allow you to benefit from the latest features and advancements without purchasing new equipment!
The Cessna 170 can accept a range of options, including floats for flying off of water and snow skis! The mechanism for glider towing is also included. While the aircraft excels at slow speed and back-country style flying including short takeoffs and landings from unimproved runways, our version is engineered to offer even more. If desired, the pilot can increase the voltage of the battery, and load a more extreme configuration into the Aura Flight Controller and take the flying to a whole new 'extreme' level!
Click on the VIDEO tab above to check out the Videos!
GREAT FEATURES INCLUDED!
- Advanced Aura 8 Control System
- Scale lines and details to bring the majesty of scale looks with an unreal flying experience!
- Innovative plywood sub-frame connects the motor securely to the fuselage while providing superior battery mounting and cooling
- Hollow wing with internal wood and carbon structure
- Light wing loading for easy handling
- Large flaps for stunning short take-offs and landings
- Large control surfaces for excellent maneuverability
- Vortex generators for low speed control
- Extra-large tundra tires for flying off of unimproved fields
- Glider Towing mechanism installed (requires servo not included)
- Scale navigation lights Installed
- 33g metal gear digital servos for ailerons, elevators, and rudder
- 19g full metal gear digital servos installed on the flaps
- Powerful all metal 60 size motor with optimized Kv
- 80A HobbyWing BL motor controller with separate 5V/8A SBEC
- 16 x 6" custom tooled Somenzini-Ribbe (SR) Prop for awesome grip at all speeds
- Float-ready air-frame for easy addition of optional floats
- Custom control horns for optimized throw and precision
- Factory applied trim scheme
- Huge battery compartment for easy access
- Accepts a wide range of batteries while offering a range of different performance levels
You need to be logged in to comment