• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes it makes you feel alive when you do it and like you said it is scary. And when you are doing it for the first time and you past the 3 o clock and and saying to your self keep going it will make it or bail out. Boy is it a thrill to fly these planes and especially the bigger one’s.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
My 30+ pound 35% 300X will do a knife edge loop no problem with one Hitec 7950 that has 486 oz at 7.2 volts. I have done many of them.
Thanks for the info I will be installing MKS 777 I believe and about 500oz . I will go and double check.
Can you explain the death slide.

Just looked it up 507 oz on the box so it looks like the plane is ok now we have see if the pilot is ok. Thanks for the help again.

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the info I will be installing MKS 777 I believe and about 500oz . I will go and double check.
Can you explain the death slide.

Just looked it up 507 oz on the box so it looks like the plane is ok now we have see if the pilot is ok. Thanks for the help again.
I'm sure there is a video somewhere , but basically your in a high alfa knife edge up high and let the airplane drop somewhat fast while maintaining your knife edge, then as it get close to the ground you throttle up and fly knife edge across the field.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm sure there is a video somewhere , but basically your in a high alfa knife edge up high and let the airplane drop somewhat fast while maintaining your knife edge, then as it get close to the ground you throttle up and fly knife edge across the field.

It's basically a hardcore slip. very fast rate of decent in high alpha KE from high like jetpainter said, recover as close to the ground without breaking your plane.

Edit: hard to find a good video. I found this online 2:28-38 mark encapsulates the general idea.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It's basically a hardcore slip. very fast rate of decent in high alpha KE from high like jetpainter said, recover as close to the ground without breaking your plane.

Edit: hard to find a good video. I found this online 2:28-38 mark encapsulates the general idea.
Thanks for that did you notice that the throttle is on the right that really throws me off. Thanks for that.