• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

104 Slick Elevator issue

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Having trouble with elevators on my 104, When i have the counter balance flush with the stabs on both sides this is how my control surfaces line up at the aft edge, Does any one else have this issue and maybe a fix to the problem at hand?center line of stab in blue and aft edge marked in red

View attachment 16053
Whoa....never seen it that bad before. Not to that extreme anyway. Normally I see a warp from the root end to the tip end. Whether it be aileron or elevator. Counter balances create a whole new meaning to the word frustration if they do not line up with the rest of the flight surface. I'd have to agree with @Husker and @Terryscustom. One thing I have done in the past if I haven't had extra hands available is: Clear workspace and lay down a soft cloth. Putting a weight across the entire surface to help gently force the surface down and then slowly use my heat gun to allow the surface to take on the new laterally shaped line. But this of course was root to end warp, not counter balance to trailing edge warp. And before the surface was permanently attached.

emtp275

100cc
Ok Guys I may have freaked out over nothing LOL, Thanks for the help Ill have @ChickenBalls take note of every one and send out invitations to come by camp at Nall for a free amazing mixed drink, a free cold beer, and or for those who keep the rest of us out of trouble and dont drink we'll have our amazing grill master the privet cook make you a free meal......... All jokes aside thanks for the help GSN is the greatest!!

ele repair.jpg

emtp275

100cc
What did you discover?
I taped the counter balance and pushed the surface till it was like I wanted it then heated any area where there covering was wrinkled Its good now and ill keep an eye on it, I did not mention that this plane was flown a few times then stuck in a shop that does hydro dip, Im sure the heating of water in the bay caused this it would be like putting a hot tub in your building.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Ok Guys I may have freaked out over nothing LOL, Thanks for the help Ill have @ChickenBalls take note of every one and send out invitations to come by camp at Nall for a free amazing mixed drink, a free cold beer, and or for those who keep the rest of us out of trouble and dont drink we'll have our amazing grill master the privet cook make you a free meal......... All jokes aside thanks for the help GSN is the greatest!!

View attachment 16079

That straightened up nice. BTW if guys are coming by for free beer, we will be camped at the Electric line:lol2: