• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The front section of the fuselage is almost done. Just waiting for the motor to show up so that I can do the final checks and the necessary holes to mount the motor. Then glue F1 to front of the fuselage. Next the canisters to be mounted and all the brackets to hold them in place.

546C1CAD-79E6-40B2-92D8-1C123E9925D5.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Made a start on the cowl. Got all the PVA removed and sanded as much as I could all the minor imperfections off the cowl. Now start putting coats of primer and spot putty on until I think it is good enough.

1E839916-E65A-4537-AD9F-AEA8008CA093.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Once the motor arrives I can really get back into it. Also once the motor is all figured out I can start finishing off the fuselage. Hopefully it will start looking like a plane all I have now just a bunch of parts.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Spent some time on the cowl not easy making your own from scratch but getting there step by step.
1. First sanded the cowl down as good as I could straight out of the mould.
2. Brushed a coat of 2k primer and sanded it down till smooth.
3. with glazing putty filled as many imperfections as I could and sanded it down smooth again.
This is the stage it is at.
4. Next job spray a coat of rattle can primer on the cowl and sand it down again and check for pinholes and anything else.
5. just keep going until it is ok and ready for paint.
IMG_0115.jpeg