• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 112” - Taylorcraft by HeyLuc & Snoopy.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This is a bit of an older post, but I am getting back up to speed with the RC planes as my 66 mustang projects are now done with my boys. I too have the onset of a really bad allergic reaction to the CA glues. Took a while to figure out what was happening. Foam safe CA isn’t too bad, but the CA glue alergic reaction is really debilitating and gives me massive flu like symptoms and makes it hard to breathe. I have been able to get around it, very successfully, by using a painters mask. The 3m P100 organic vapor cartridge filters (60921) does the trick and I have no problems using CA as long as I am wearing the mask. I evacuate the room with fresh air before removing the mask after the glue dries and stops off gassing. Thought I would pass that on.
The build looks great!
-Paul
I have the same problems you are having with CA. Like the mask idea. I will look into the mask. One thing is that I live in a cold climate and do most of my building during the winter, opening windows at -10 or around their is not going to happen. But I am still going look into the mask. Thanks.