• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

20 cc Edge 540 ARF Assembly.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't know about flying right now it is -10 and snowing. It's snowing so hard that I would probably not be able to see it even take off.
About doing the Viper build not sure yet I have never done a full kit build. And not very good at explaining stuff. But thanks for the encouragement.

ace 7038

30cc
Very nice plane. Don't let the cold keep you from flying! I was out last evening and it was -7, just use a transmitter mitt if you have one or keep four flights to a few minutes and dress real warm.
On your weight ending up heavier than you it specifies, I have a plane with the same engine and it is a little heavy as well, likely that is some of your weight, but it is a good engine with power!

Assembled the stabilizer and glued on the elevators. Installed the servos and linkage. Installed the rudder and the rudder servo.
Had no problems at all every thing was square and level just had glue it all in that does not happen to often.

I know this is an old thread but hoping to get some insight. I purchased this same plane and the build instructions are lacking. Did you use a single servo on the elevator or duel? The kit came with 4 horns in the elevator pack and feels like there are servo mounting points on both sides of the fuselage, how ever all the pictures I can find and the instructions only show a single servo?

Attachments

• 20171202_103756.jpg
    20171202_103756.jpg
    695.1 KB · Views: 452

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I know this is an old thread but hoping to get some insight. I purchased this same plane and the build instructions are lacking. Did you use a single servo on the elevator or duel? The kit came with 4 horns in the elevator pack and feels like there are servo mounting points on both sides of the fuselage, how ever all the pictures I can find and the instructions only show a single servo?

Have only one Servo on the elevator.
We bought two of these planes. One for my self and my friend bought one. Test flew his well to say the least it was a hand full barely got it down. Reduced all the rates by half and put 50% expo in that made life a lot better all I can say is start slow this plane can be wild to say the least. Do not get me wrong good plane but work your way up.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Good looking plane. It looks like the tail builds like many smaller electrics (ie EF64" MXS) and requires only 1 servo but the other side of fuse will accommodate the rudder and an additional elevator servo if you decide to split the elevator joiner. I would do this only if the planes balance needed additional weight in the back but rarely have I seen an ARF of any brand coming out nose heavy with the recommended set up. I considered that plane myself for the RCGF 26 I have. Good luck and post up your build :)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I keep looking at the plane and I feel I should strip it down and make as many changes as I can to remove weight. I think it may be possible to take a good 5 oz still debating with my self if it is worth the trouble or will I even notice the difference.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I keep looking at the plane and I feel I should strip it down and make as many changes as I can to remove weight. I think it may be possible to take a good 5 oz still debating with my self if it is worth the trouble or will I even notice the difference.

What does it weigh now and with what engine/muffler?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
What does it weigh now and with what engine/muffler?

The plane weight is 8lbs 8oz ready to fly on fuel. What I get from most of the threads that a 20cc plane should weigh less than 8 lbs. ideally a 20cc should be 7-1/2 lbs I will never get it that low. I do not think I could get down to 8 lbs.
The engine is a OS GT22 with a pitts typ muffler.