• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Need to ask one question if you take the plane apart and you have the parts or every close to it because there will always be some damage, but then just use the part to make more. One thing to note the glue that is being used in the ARF’S today is a type of hot glue. The last couple times that I have needed to do repairs on one I used hot air gun and the plane just came apart.

Need to ask one question if you take the plane apart and you have the parts or every close to it because there will always be some damage, but then just use the part to make more. One thing to note the glue that is being used in the ARF’S today is a type of hot glue. The last couple times that I have needed to do repairs on one I used hot air gun and the plane just came apart.

That would be great. I'll have to look and see what kind of glue is used.

BalsaDust

CAD was not hard to learn for me. Still haven't gotten into the 3D side of things but suppose I will be before long since I should be moving into our engineering department at work by the end of the year.

CAD was not hard to learn for me. Still haven't gotten into the 3D side of things but suppose I will be before long since I should be moving into our engineering department at work by the end of the year.

That's good news. I may have to bug you for answers down the road, if I decide to get the program.

BalsaDust

That's good news. I may have to bug you for answers down the road, if I decide to get the program.

I will answer all that I can. I will say there are a couple free softwares out there as well. I have not used any of them but have heard good things about a few of them. I only have AutoCAD as I’m in school and took a class on it which got me the student version for free. Now that I’m soon to move into engineering at work as well I will have that as well. I do plan to try out fusion 360 in the hopefully near future as it’s a product from autodesk that is supposed to be really good but a free software as well.

I will answer all that I can. I will say there are a couple free softwares out there as well. I have not used any of them but have heard good things about a few of them. I only have AutoCAD as I’m in school and took a class on it which got me the student version for free. Now that I’m soon to move into engineering at work as well I will have that as well. I do plan to try out fusion 360 in the hopefully near future as it’s a product from autodesk that is supposed to be really good but a free software as well.

Sounds good. And I appreciate that!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Just realized that I'm pretty sure I have everything for this build now. Sweet. Now I need to finish my turbo otter so I can get this thing rolling.