• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 20cc Edge 540 Profile “The Glitter”

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Great thanks found the 0.602 tube for the fuselage was also thinking of getting the 3/4 tube from them, but what did you do for a sleeve did you make your own.
Will also use aluminum flat bar how thick and wide. Sorry for all questions but just trying to stock up because it takes time to assemble everything.
One more no sorry two questions do we wait to have the drawings printed till you have the single bolt sorted out. And the second is are PDF sized so that when they go to the printer it will size the PDF to the correct scale.

BalsaDust

Great thanks found the 0.602 tube for the fuselage was also thinking of getting the 3/4 tube from them, but what did you do for a sleeve did you make your own.
Will also use aluminum flat bar how thick and wide. Sorry for all questions but just trying to stock up because it takes time to assemble everything.
One more no sorry two questions do we wait to have the drawings printed till you have the single bolt sorted out. And the second is are PDF sized so that when they go to the printer it will size the PDF to the correct scale.

Once I find the template another guy had posted for his landing gear I will share it but I know it was 1/8” thick and he had cut it at a taper so needs to be around 1-1/2” at the tube. The tubes I have I bought from a buddy who was selling all of his stuff. I would advise before drilling those holes to either source or make your own and size the holes correctly. I may have forgotten to do it so as soon as I have cad back I will make sure a Center point is marked in all of the hold locations. Last time I ordered wing tubes though I got them from TNT Landing gear.

The PDF’s should print fine as long as you tell it to print actual size. All of the pages have a 6” scale printed on them as well so as long as that’s close you should be fine.

You can go ahead and print up now no need to wait on the single bolt mod. I will hand draw a picture and post it. Will be simple to do.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I went through all my sources for the 3/4" wing tube to no avail, hmmm, might have to go with 5/8" or 7/8".....Or the .745 from Goodwinds and make my own sleeve.
They all had the .602 for the fuse though....

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I went through all my sources for the 3/4" wing tube to no avail, hmmm, might have to go with 5/8" or 7/8".....Or the .745 from Goodwinds and make my own sleeve.

Looks like the .602 is the one that’s in the design ya?

BalsaDust

is there a link to download the plans? The images in the first post do nothing when I click on them.

Thanks!

Yes PM me your email.

I wouldn’t trust 5/8” for wing tube on this size plane. Did you look at tnt landing gear.