• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2nd Annual 3DHS Mid-America Fly-Low-In - June 27-30, 2013 Cape Girardeau, MO

gyro

GSN Contributor
Everything's coming along nicely!

Firemen's Fund is set on go for the food and night-flying lights.

Extra electricity and lighting in the pavilions.

More porta-potties and twice as much cleaning as before.

Shower for the folks staying at the field. (me included!) :)

Weeds killed, grass trimmed, everything mowed and ready.

Better sound system laid on for this year.

Top-Notch raffle coming together.

MAN, ALL WE NEED IS SOME PILOTS AND WE'VE GOT A FLY-LOW-IN!!!

Put this address into your GPS and it'll take you right to the runway at the flying field:

441 Gizmo Lane, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

Fred

Fred, I'm so bummed I won't be there, but it sounds like you'll have a great time.

Am I able to send some site vinyl to that Gizmo Lane address, or can you PM another address?

-Gary

robj

70cc twin V2
I got the trailer loaded, minus the 48 epp which I'm about to go fly this evening. My GPS got a little confused last year but Fred gave me some directions around town. They seem a little easier. From the south, exit William st, go right on William to the river(you can see the river wall barrier, that's cool), then left through the old town catching 177 which runs right by the field. Williams is about 3 miles south of the GPS route mine gave where you end up on LExington(hwy 51/31 exit).

Everything's coming along nicely!

Firemen's Fund is set on go for the food and night-flying lights.

Extra electricity and lighting in the pavilions.

More porta-potties and twice as much cleaning as before.

Shower for the folks staying at the field. (me included!) :)

Weeds killed, grass trimmed, everything mowed and ready.

Better sound system laid on for this year.

Top-Notch raffle coming together.

MAN, ALL WE NEED IS SOME PILOTS AND WE'VE GOT A FLY-LOW-IN!!!

What day are you taking your stuff to the field? I got the inside of my tailer painted yesterday and 95% of the flooring installed today. Now I just have to build the racks for the planes and I'll be set. I took Thursday off so I should be there before noon.

RotorJockey

70cc twin V2
What day are you taking your stuff to the field? I got the inside of my tailer painted yesterday and 95% of the flooring installed today. Now I just have to build the racks for the planes and I'll be set. I took Thursday off so I should be there before noon.

Camper to the field in the morning, then moving everything else out the next 2 days. Will be living there from Wednesday til Sunday!

Winds and weather looking pretty good, too! Biggest rain chance is 30%! Only 10% on Saturday!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Cape+Girardeau+MO+63701:4:US

Last edited by a moderator:

RotorJockey

70cc twin V2
wish I could make it to this

That is why you fail!

Luke+Skywalker+and+Yoda.jpg

JK :) We'd love to see you make it!

RotorJockey

70cc twin V2

Did you finish the Velox repair?

Fred

robj

70cc twin V2
Loaded up and here is a Velox with about 12 flights for sale. $500 and it's BNF. 4325, ice 100, bec pro, align ds610 on rudder/elevator, 8s setup. I'll sell just the airframe for $250

Attachments

• fli-trailer (1).JPG
    fli-trailer (1).JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 230
  • fli-velox.JPG
    fli-velox.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 208

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Loaded up and here is a Velox with about 12 flights for sale. $500 and it's BNF. 4325, ice 100, bec pro, align ds610 on rudder/elevator, 8s setup. I'll sell just the for $250

i may be interested in the velox, lets talk at FLI. i think we can work out a discount on the setup with me trading you those 6s3300 packs