• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2nd Annual Greater Pittsburgh ARCS Fly What ya Brung Fly In September 14

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
We have our sanction and our 2nd annual Fly What ya Brung Fly In is set for September 14, 2013!

Last year brought us close to 40 pilots flying everything from 3D, helis, scale, sport, turbines, you name it. As the name suggests, if it can fly it is welcome. The intention of this fly in is to bring modelers from different aspects of the hobby together. The man in our club who conceived it did so in an attempt to end a lot of the battle lines that have come up in the recent years between hobbyists who enjoy different styles of flying.

Last year we had demonstrations by Larry Folk and Terry Nitsch
http://www.bvmjets.com/Pages/Electric Fan/EHotShots/eHotShots.htm

As you can see, the scale guys made their showing as did heli guys when we also had a demo from a local pilot with his Mikado Logo 800 Extreme.

John Redmond of Horizon Hobbies is looking into sending us a Team Horizon pilot this year as well.

The 3D guys in my club want to bring more aerobatic and 3D pilots this year so I've spoken with GYRO and he has agreed to donate some 3DRCForums vinyl and shirts for us to give away as door prizes. I will update with more prizes once we hear back from more vendors.

We have a long paved runway for you guys to throw down and are reserving noon for our first ever "Amateur hour", which is a time for anyone who wants to know what it feels like to fly for an audience in a demo routine to show us what they've got.

Food will be provided by the ARCS and the address for our field is 80 Model Airport Rd. Burgettstown, PA 15021.

I will update this thread with more information on prizes as it becomes available.

Thank you to 3DRCForums for their support and I hope to see you all there!!!

-Jeff

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Cool, about an hour drive from my house. Looks like I'll be there, as long as it doesn't conflict with our fields airshow :)

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Definitely. Let me know any time you guys want to come up. Our field is on state land so you can fly as long as you have AMA.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Hobbico just confirmed that they will be donating a prize for this event. They haven't said what yet but I do have confirmation from them. The guys over at Flite Test may be supporting this event too!

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Just a note to catch you guys up on how things are progressing for the fly in:

Sponsors so far:
J&C Hobbies
Higher Plane Productions
Nitroplanes
Tower Hobbies
Taildragger RC
3DRC Forums

Food:
Hotdogs
Sloppy joe
Pulled pork
Baked beans

Drinks:
Water
Coke
Diet Coke
Sprite
The McCallum 12 year old

Registration @800
Electrics take off @ 900
Slimers/gassers take off @ 1000
12:00 lunch time demo flights. ..

Mark Palmer - F16 turbine
Anthony Donzella - 3d heli
Horizon Hobby - 3d airplane

Door prizes - all day
Raffle plane @ 2:00
50/50 @ 3:00
Once again this year 50/50 proceeds go to the DAV.

Food profits stay with the club.

Thanks guys. .. as always any comments or questions, you know where to find me.

Ps: I was kidding about the scotch.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
No scotch. I am definitely not coming then. :p

Just kidding. Going to mark it on the calendar will see. But might be a possibility.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
So I've been sitting on a few updates awaiting confirmation but here are some updates.
-Our contact at Horizon Hobby was John Redman himself. With him leaving Horizon for Jet Cat we were no longer able to host Seth Arnold
-Nitroplanes donated a 30cc MX2 to be raffled and one of our club members donated a Seagull Ultimate Bipe to be raffled
-Castle Creations signed on as a sponsor and have donated some 50% off discount coupons for us to give away
-Savox Servos donated three SC1258TG servos
-and for the big news.... KYLE STACY WILL BE PERFORMING!!! If you are at all into RC Helicopters you know who he is and if not, I recommend checking him out on YouTube.
That's all for now.