• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D foamy for up to 15 mph winds!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Someone say Gyro? Just put one in my big Extra:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408245914.350373.jpg

But seriously, Pontus is right. Do what makes YOU happy! :D

njswede

150cc
Keep in mind that there was a time when expo and KE-mixes were considered "cheating". Now it's as mainstream as can be. The same thing will happen with gyros.

Yoda

30cc
You must all be working in sales!! :) I'm sold; though I did do a bit of a sucking air through my teeth when I saw the price of the Cortex. I guess it's all that magic they stuff into that tiny box. :) Anyway I'll look at them and also the planes and manufacturers you suggest [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION].
Now I need to save some bucks and get the stuff I want/need.

AKfreak

150cc
No sales, I just like to help people avoid the pitfalls I have faced. Messing with cool RC planes cost big bucks these days. I wish it didn't cost so much, and I am currently working on bringing a great 3d plane to market that's affordable to just about anyone ink the hobby.

Good luck on your search for your new favorite plane, AKf

Yoda

30cc
@ AKfreak. Thanks for your advice. I know what you mean about costs. I will keep a look out for your plane.
[MENTION=109]NJSwede[/MENTION]. You must do well at selling the software systems. :cool: Only slightly obvious that you sell!!

I'll search the net and research the info you have given me. I have a lot to do. Thanks again.

Mike.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Hi Yoda,

Allot of us practice and run Skywing models here in AU, they are a great foamy built up model, they come in varying sizes and can handle wind reasonably well due to the airfoil wings and stabs instead of profile wings and stabs.

I used to run the Winners model Extra which is a part profile in 20k winds, which is around 12mph, its doable and will certainly keep you on your toes

Best thing I find about them is repairing, If you dunk it in its simply a Popsicle stick and CA repair job and your back in the air

We get ours from www.bestvaluerc.com and they ship internationally

p.s if you need some build advise or help with them give me a pm and I will link some build threads from a big flyer of theirs (Groove) on RCG

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I was flying my multiplex stuntmaster in 10 to 15 mph winds at the beach last weekend. It flew prettt good to my surprise but wasn't able to get to hover or do much othen skme tumbles and couple cool ke spins lol

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I was flying my multiplex stuntmaster in 10 to 15 mph winds at the beach last weekend. It flew prettt good to my surprise but wasn't able to get to hover or do much othen skme tumbles and couple cool ke spins lol
I was looking at that exact plane today. Not a bad price for the RR. Would cost almost the same to get a skywing running. How does she fly in low winds?