Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Printing General Discussion

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by AKNick, Mar 2, 2018.

1. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Hmmm. I’ve been using tapatalk and it lets you select the size when posting.

[​IMG]

Been working for me at any size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Screen shots are low res and I hate using tapatalk, I use the normal site, even on my phone

I think the issue is they have the maximum file size set to low. My phone pics range from 2 to 6 mb each

3. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Version 2.3 is better, more tweaking needed though.

4. I had to turn my camera down to get the files small enough to upload. Some 3D printed and airbrushed N scale goodies

20180503_211517.jpg

pawnshopmike, AKNick and acerc like this.
  5. Looking good!:yesss:

6. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Pretty satisfied with how it fits with the battery. Not sure how I feel about battery vibration protection though. It fits snug. I will have to redesign it from scratch to make room for foam or Velcro.
    Also a lot of weight being hung by four screws, small bolts would be ok though I think.
    The NoBS A123 pack is pvc wrapped and heatshrink overtop. Unlike most which are just pvc wraped. So it’s a little thicker too.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

dhal22, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Been working on a receiver holder for a Futaba R7014SB. The idea is that I can put craft foam on the sides and 1/4” Dubro foam under the receiver. Then you can glue the tray or Velcro it to the plane. Took me about 4-5hours to draw up, prototype and make a version two which looks good to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dhal22, acerc, Decal Dennis and 2 others like this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    If I may suggest why would you not use tabs on it just like a servo with rubber grommets and servo screws to hold the holder down then you will not need the sponges.
    Must say it does look good.

AKNick likes this.
  9. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Good Point! The answer is I really didn't think about it. If I find a suitable grummet for the job, I may transition my designs to incorporate that mounting method. Thanks for the input, always appreciated! I must say I hate vibration though!

10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Why would the grommets from a servo not work. They are able to hold hundreds ozone’s of torque from servo power.

AKNick likes this.