Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D prop for DLE-170 on stock mufflers?

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by Pbilt024, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Pbilt024

Pbilt024 70cc twin V2

I have DLE-170 with Bowmans on stock exhaust, on a Pilot 330sc. What do the ones in the know think is the best prop for mostly 3D flying? Prop noise doesn't matter, I just want something that spools up quickly and pulls hard. I have a Falcon 32-10 on there now and it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

2. falcon 31x10W will spool up fast and lots of thrust. It will rip though

3. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

+1 on this, I tried every size of 32....10, 11, 11W and on recommendation a 31x12. All lacking punch for 3D, got the 31x10W and it was like I strapped on a pipe for down on the deck with instant thrust and spool-up.

Actually as I'm typing I just remember I sold that plane and I have an extra 31x10W in my trailer, drilled for DLE170. If you are interested PM me with an offer, I don't need it for any reason (other 40% already has one on it) so I'll make you a good deal.

4. Is your prop a carbon ?

If so, maybe we can make a trade.

I have the Falcon 31 X 10W drilled for a 170.

I would like to try the Falcon carbon 32 X 10.

The 31 X 10W seemed light for my DA-170 on RE3 pipes.

It was turning a click under 6600rpm.

Spool up was instant.

PM me if interested.

[​IMG]

5. Pbilt024

Pbilt024 70cc twin V2

Ok, I'll let y'all know. I am catching pure hell trying to get this engine running right. I am about ready to sell and grab a DA for it.

6. N726AC

N726AC 70cc twin V2

SW FL
    I've been happy with the 30X13 and 30X13W carbon Falcons. Both the DLE170 and GP176, stock muffs.

7. Torquerolljoe

Torquerolljoe Wannabe Pilot!!

+1 on the 31x10W on both my DLE 170's!! Real stump pullers!!

8. Ya, the 30x13W are nice too, both spool up fast but the 31x10w has more lbs of thrust for zipping out of a hover

9. 32x11W will work great on the tune pipes if the engine is broke in.

10. TazmanianDevil

TazmanianDevil Xtreme by DeFinition !

30-13evo will be very good for all plane types.

That engine is so delicate you'll need the easiest prop it can spool.

But it can handle a 44lb bird with ease.