• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

gyro

GSN Contributor
Any pics of the install with the motrofly? Head to lowest now
Due to the Motrolfly's short bell, you'll want to space it away from the motorbox as pictured
DSCF1463.jpg

joshgluck

100cc
I think I bought the wrong ones.. I got 1/2 X 1/4 and 1/2 X 1/2.

Do you remember the size? Yours looks bigger (that's what she said)

gyro

GSN Contributor
I believe you'll want to go with 5/8 in length. 1/2 might work though, you just may have a little more cowl overlap on the fuse.

joshgluck

100cc
I don't think they had 5/8 but maybe I'll run back and check. I'd like to maiden it tomorrow and I don't mind the overlap to be honest

One more thing I only have the standard servo arms that come with the hs-225 servos. Is that good enough or do I need dubro or other long arms? Can I add them later?

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I don't think they had 5/8 but maybe I'll run back and check. I'd like to maiden it tomorrow and I don't mind the overlap to be honest

One more thing I only have the standard servo arms that come with the hs-225 servos. Is that good enough or do I need dubro or other long arms? Can I add them later?

I use the dubro heavy duty arms, they seem to work the best, and yes, you can absolutely add them later... Just don't forget to zero your trims and start over on that process when you do.

-G

zmonster97

1/2" long standoffs work fine on the 4315. That's the size I'm using.

joshgluck

100cc
Thanks guys one more question, at least. After putting the spacers on the motrofly I need to replace the cap screws that were in with the plane. Can someone confirm that they are metric m4? Lowes doesn't have any cap screws, can I use these?

View attachment 7004

They are either M3 or M4 (can't remember). Picked up longer screws at Ace Hardware. I also found that I had to put the longer screws through the X mount, then attach the X mount to the motor. There is not enough clearance to slide the bolts through the mount while it is attached to the motor (using the fiberglass mount).

Last edited by a moderator: