• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
I'm running the Torque 4014 / 570kv in mine on 4S (3300's). Should be a sufficient, but not ballistic setup. I had this same power system in my 3DHS 57" 330SC, and I LOVED it. 5:30 min on a 3300 pack was really nice.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Gary, the 4s 4000's would work in your scenario! It's really up to you. Since you already have 6s packs, I would stick with that setup since its the same price for more power if you needed it, but if you have bunch of 4s packs, the the choice is all yours my friend!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary, the 4s 4000's would work in your scenario! It's really up to you. Since you already have 6s packs, I would stick with that setup since its the same price for more power if you needed it, but if you have bunch of 4s packs, the the choice is all yours my friend!

Good point Josh... I don't HAVE to run a 16x7 on it like on my MXS... a 15x7 or 15x8 will work just fine from what I can tell.

Edit: Oh yeah, I just got a reply back from 3DHS customer service. My last second email this morning to change the color from Yellow to Red was accepted, so I'll be getting the faster Red one afterall. I figured between this plane and my 64" MXS, I didn't need two yellow planes in the same general size.

-G

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Good point Josh... I don't HAVE to run a 16x7 on it like on my MXS... a 15x7 or 15x8 will work just fine from what I can tell.

Edit: Oh yeah, I just got a reply back from 3DHS customer service. My last second email this morning to change the color from Yellow to Red was accepted, so I'll be getting the faster Red one afterall. I figured between this plane and my 64" MXS, I didn't need two yellow planes in the same general size.

-G

Red is definitely going to be faster. I'm glad I have a red one as well! :D

Harumph! :grumpy: :bull:

All in good fun guys!

Yellow on 6S3000 is an excellent match...I have no complaints...in fact I am quite pleased with my setup! :banana:

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
:thumbup:
:clap:

SnowDog- if I had a 6s setup- I would have used it for exactly the same reasons you cited. My 8s setup in my 60 Edge is easy on batteries and Ridiculous on power! I'll take kv over mah any day! :grrreat:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Good advice! I have both some 6s3000/3300 batts for my MXS, but I also have a bunch of 4s4000 from my 8: setups...
So... Still undecided, but the 4s option is looking good based on above advice.

-G

Gary what motor would you use with the 4S4000 packs?

Santi8

70cc twin V2

-G

I would think the opposite, you want a large disk on the edge for slow 3d maneuverability. The mxs is a faster handling plane. If I had to chose one to get the 16 and one 15 , I would give the bigger disc to the edge.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary what motor would you use with the 4S4000 packs?

I'd have Ken rewind the 4315 to 714 or 688kv

I would think the opposite, you want a large disk on the edge for slow 3d maneuverability. The mxs is a faster handling plane. If I had to chose one to get the 16 and one 15 , I would give the bigger disc to the edge.

Yes, that is true. Guess I need to find a 16x6 and a 15x9 then :p

zmonster97

FWIW, I have the motrolfly 4315-480kv on 6s w/ a xoar 15x8 prop and I think it is awesome! Good pullout power and awesome speed!