• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 60" Yak-55

ryane67

New to GSN!
so it's not likely possible I'd be able to properly balance this plane with my current stock of 6s 4000's, if you've got to stick a 3300 so far back :(

mazjag

50cc
No that may actually work perfect..Just looking at the weights of the Nano techs on HK site and the 6s is heaver than the 4s.. 3Drew where did yours balance out at? was weight needed?

No that may actually work perfect..Just looking at the weights of the Nano techs on HK site and the 6s is heaver than the 4s.. 3Drew where did yours balance out at? was weight needed?

Mine is on the Wingtube, I still have the Rx battery on the rudder servo mount.

Being shorter, it responds to very small changes in battery weight and placement. Being such a fast airframe, it may be wise to explore smaller, more optimized motor options. Then again, it's hard to go slower once you fly a plane this punchy.

ryane67

New to GSN!

6s 4000 nanotech ~635g according to my scale.. Im not sure what 4s you're running, maybe you were replying to someone else but not many I can see would be over the 600g mark.

[MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] I see. You need a yak 55! Doo it.
I determined I generally only use 80% of my throttle range on this plane, as opposed to constantly hitting WOT on other 60" planes e.g. the Laser.
I decided to try a tiny 2700 25C 6S battery. The light weight really brings the best out of this plane. At least for the immediate future as I get used to it.
This plane is different from anything I've flown. Post stall rudder is immediate, but requires constant aileron control.

I placed the battery 3/4" in front of the WT, maybe one click UP trim.

I will do a run up on the watt meter. The lower C rating definitely comes down a bit warmer.

Last edited by a moderator:

mazjag

50cc
Something I didn`t notice about it and it was pointed out too me is the size of ailerons...I had to take some throw out of mine(less than 100%) to get a better handle on the thing...I don`t normally like SFGs, but I like them on this one...Its a fun little plane overall. 20141018_142126.jpg