• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

Manta

70cc twin V2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNOfupA_HIs&feature=em-upload_owner

One of our local Hodgehounds. Very good pilot and very respectable with other people's planes. He has flown most of mine.
Note the dillweed with the big heli flying over our heads at our pilot stations and also blatantly blocking us from landing.Very dangerous indeed. It is at the end of the flight.
This was at SEFF and sorry it took me so long to get the vid up. See if you guys recognize anyone else in the video. :) He was huckin the Byper and doing a killer job at it.

aronph

70cc twin V2
I'm not sure how I got unsubscribed to this thread....did I do that?!....anyway, I got to put some serious assembly time on my 87 today. Now that I have had my hands in it I have a couple questions. How do I measure CG on this plane before I put it in the air?....is there a string trick? And I noticed I get a noticeable amount of more UP elevator than down, on BOTH elevator halves. The arms on the servos hit the stab before I can get the same down ELE as up. Not a big issue really, I was just wondering. And how many Mh are people using per flight on their flight packs?...anybody with an IBEC thats only using a single 2S pack to power the plane?...how many Mh are you using per flight on average?...350?...400?
I got all the servos set up except the throttle. I'll hafta wait till I get an engine mounted, and I need to order a tank...

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm not sure how I got unsubscribed to this thread....did I do that?!....anyway, I got to put some serious assembly time on my 87 today. Now that I have had my hands in it I have a couple questions. How do I measure CG on this plane before I put it in the air?....is there a string trick? And I noticed I get a noticeable amount of more UP elevator than down, on BOTH elevator halves. The arms on the servos hit the stab before I can get the same down ELE as up. Not a big issue really, I was just wondering. And how many Mh are people using per flight on their flight packs?...anybody with an IBEC thats only using a single 2S pack to power the plane?...how many Mh are you using per flight on average?...350?...400?
I got all the servos set up except the throttle. I'll hafta wait till I get an engine mounted, and I need to order a tank...

Aron,

If the amount of up is "noticeably" more than down, you might need to realign the servo arms on the teeth to a new "center" spot that produces the deflections you want.

I use 2 of the 2s 2650mAh packs with an IBEF, and use about 400-500mah per 12 minute flight.

Hope that helps!

Manta

70cc twin V2
What the heck? Heli was flying over the pilot stations.

twice! And blatantly blocked the landing pattern when Alex tried to land like twice and tried for a third time..What a douchewaffle. After we got my plane down and secured i looked over there for him but he was gone. Was thinking of calling Mac to see if 'i could eject him.. Funner to watch Mac do it tho..:)

dskuro95

100cc
Well after the wreck of my red 87 I bought a used blue 87(red is still better). My red is getting repaired but wont be home until thanksgiving(the guy doing it travels around the country to flying events all summer). So in the mean time I have the blue one and I bought it with this setup:

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP(blue)
DLE-55
Hitec HS5985mg's x4
Hitec HS 6985hb x2
Spektrum AR7000
2 NIMH packs
I paid $800.

I took out the batteries, servos, and receiver

Gave the receiver to the guy who is repairing my red 87.
Put in my 7954sh's all around and my futaba r6208sb with a smart-fly competition 12
2 2s 400mah batteries for rx(i know 4000 is much but each battery only weighs 6.4oz)

I went with a falcon 23x8 as my prop.
I went to mount the prop to find out the hub of the engine needed to be retapped. I tapped it tonight and it is perfect now.

Hoping to maiden midweek and fly it this weekend in an IMAC competition