• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

dskuro95

100cc
the cowl needs the plywood ring re epoxied and the blind nuts replaced. Not sure about the wing. Its still in the truck. The wingtube survived also

When you get around to the wing can you let me know? I know mine is repaired but the covering is absolutely horrible. The fuse was recovered fine, but not the wing. The cowl I would take as well.

aronph

70cc twin V2
When you get around to the wing can you let me know? I know mine is repaired but the covering is absolutely horrible. The fuse was recovered fine, but not the wing. The cowl I would take as well.

The wing would need completely uncovered then 80% repaired including the tube sleeve then recovered. The ribs and root are torn up all the way to the end of the wingtube.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The wing would need completely uncovered then 80% repaired including the tube sleeve then recovered. The ribs and root are torn up all the way to the end of the wingtube.

Sounds more like an internal failure in the wing around the wingtube rather than the wing bolt panel simply pulling out.
I think your failure was very similar to what happened to my 72

aronph

70cc twin V2
I dont think so. i think the panel seperated first letting the wing rotate around the tube then the internal damage was done from impact. Both wings had similar internal damage but only one seperated in the air. I think the wingtube tried to tear itself out on impact.

bhood03

50cc
Did Ron get the extra blue cowl from hosam it was in solid shape I bought a new one just didn't like the design was on it